Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 01:14:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lap record for the fastest production car around the nurburgring  (Read 3398 times)
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:52:08 pm »

Ferrari has broken the lap record for the fastest production car around the nurburgring in 6 minutes 58 seconds.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/GT/Pages/100423_CAR_ferrari_599XX_record_nurburgring.aspx

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:12 pm »

Ferrari has broken the lap record for the fastest production car around the nurburgring in 6 minutes 58 seconds.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/GT/Pages/100423_CAR_ferrari_599XX_record_nurburgring.aspx

Jesus, below 7 Minutes on the Nordschleife in a production car Shocked. I was on site when this 7 minute barrier was breached the first time in 1976 - but that was an F1 Ferrari Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:03:20 pm »

Tthere is a in car video on you tube

nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 11:35:10 pm »

I reckon the only 'Ring' record that really matters anymore, is Bellofs.

6.11 unofficial in quali, 6.25 ish in the race, IIRC. Although he did end up upside down.

That fezza doesn't look to be a standard production model, more like an engineering testbed. 'Production derived' says it all. It's basically been all max powered up with one of those electric computer fan style turbos, a carbon fibre gearknob, 19's, slammed, and flip paint.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:04:52 am »

Technically, it's not really a production car.   The 599XX isn't a road car, as it's only useable on track. 
Did the lap on slicks, so there again ... not a production car.  I've watched the video a few times, and he could even go faster, few sections were they could use more of the road and still had some reasonable margin to go faster.  None the less a super time, getting under 7 minutes on a full lap is fast, really fast ! 

Few friends were at the trackday last Monday, where a 599XX was driving; had immense speed and the sound was incredible. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: