Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:52:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: is there any veterans of camping houx out there
is there a specified area for non numbered tickets - 0 (0%)
are they spread amoungst the numbered plots - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Houx Non Numbered tickets  (Read 5787 times)
pitbull

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:31:00 pm »

Huhis there any veterans of camping houx out there witch would be able to answer my question I have two NON Numbered tickets and looking for a Third
Will I be able to get all three spots together? I am arriving nice and early on Sunday will be there for Monday morning first thing.
 I have been told there is a area called the sand pit witch is allocated for non numbered ticket holders but need to have this confirmed and others have told me that they are scattered amongst the numbered spaces witch will obviously make this more of a problem !please help!
 Evil
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 01:50:50 pm »

Hmmmm.....I'm also on Houx Non numbered, but I have not heard any  of these rumours.

I emailed the ACO and stipulated that I needed electricity, and got the following response:

"Don’t worry, there is no difference between the both campsite except the numbers. You will get electricity and water as well and it’s in the same place.

And just to let you know, some of the Houx not numbered are better than some Houx numbered."

As I've got 6 tickets and obviously want them contiguous, I'll email them again and ask that question.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 11:59:03 am »

Rather useful response from le billetterie.  My question was:

"I've heard a rumour that these spaces are scattered about among the numbered pitches.  I have 6 tickets, and I need them to be all together.  Is this OK"

And the response:

"Dear Sir,

In this case, it’s better to arrive together.

Yours faithfully."

Huh Huh Huh

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:40:39 pm »

Seems quite sensible to me, if the plots are not numbered, they could be just about anywhere on the site so arriving together will ensure they give you a spot big enough to be together.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 03:48:45 pm »

They did not answer the basic question, but implied in the response is that there are (at least) 6 contiguous 'plots'

Del

Team Delboy Racing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:55:40 pm »

....... it's a bit of camping why are you getting you knickers in such a twist?

........ now can we have an end to these interminable questions

Thanks for your info on the pitches in Houx, Peter.

However, I feel the above two comments are unwarranted.  The man (and I) had legitimate concerns over these pitches and asked his question in what normally is the correct place - ie on CA where there is a wealth of experience and the willingness to answer such queries.  A significant proportion of the postings on the forum are about camping in one form or another, and there is also a significant number of postings asking for information. 

Admittedly, there was no call for a poll, but hopefully as a Newbie, he will realise a poll is to get an opinion rather than a factual answer.

There is a facility on the forum where a topic can be 'Marked as Read' - useful when the topic is of no interest to an individual.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 07:05:22 pm »

Del, can you just leave it and remember what FS is going through right now?
simeoa8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 10:33:40 pm »

Hi Chaps. The definitive answer is that both are right. There are blocks of non num plots and also individual plots spread out in the numbered blocks. The non num ones are the crossed and hatched plots on the large Houx map. Hope this allays your fears.

Team Snickers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: