Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 12:31:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaguar @ le mans 2010  (Read 4404 times)
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:27:47 am »

I was reading in this weeks Autosport that a US team is going to enter a Jaguar XKR gt2 in the race.

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 11:06:13 am »

read this as well - Looks like ALMS this year, joining durring the year and Le Mans 2010.

http://www.rocketsportsracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=574&Itemid=120

If you're going through hell, keep going.
F-Troop Mom

Home address: F-Troop, Green Park, Sebring, FL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:30:49 pm »

Jaguar kindly invited us to test the XKR and XFR on Saturday and I drove with Davy Jones at new Palm Beach International Speedway.  I drove a lap then switched and he drove a lap.  I was impressed with the car.  Roberto Guerrero was also one of the Pro drivers with many other good drivers.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:56:16 pm »

Jaguar kindly invited us to test the XKR and XFR on Saturday and I drove with Davy Jones at new Palm Beach International Speedway.  I drove a lap then switched and he drove a lap.  I was impressed with the car.  Roberto Guerrero was also one of the Pro drivers with many other good drivers.

Sounds like fun, drive a Jag on a race track, and it's not even yours. Great!

They both look good cars as well.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:17:57 am »

woo hoo.. go mom!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 06:41:52 am »

Hi Ftroop Mom,
                   How is Davy? Have not heard of him for years. He used to race in Ontario when he was too young to Race SCCA.
Phil
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 11:46:25 am »

Roberto Guerrero

Still holder of the earliest DNF in Indy 500 history, AFAIK.  Grin

If this Jaguar effort is like any of Gentilozzi's others, he'll probably be accused of cheating or not paying his employees or creditors.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
F-Troop Mom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 04:33:39 pm »

Hi Ftroop Mom,
                   How is Davy? Have not heard of him for years. He used to race in Ontario when he was too young to Race SCCA.
Phil

He seemed pleased to have some real fans show up instead of the usual "new jag buyers" from the golf course.  Even stopped the car and introduced me to the flagman who is also a long time Sebring attendee.  Seemed to like the gig of driving fast without any pressure or responsibilities.  Looked good and healthly, not as young but then who is?!  I didn't bring up his past other than driving the jag.
F-Troop Mom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 04:38:16 pm »

Roberto Guerrero

If this Jaguar effort is like any of Gentilozzi's others, he'll probably be accused of cheating or not paying his employees or creditors.

We all know about Gentilozzi's Champ Car fiasco but I don't believe he had problems before that.  Wasn't his last venture with Jag sucessful, in fact for quite a while before Champ Car took him away...?!
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 07:38:26 am »

Roberto Guerrero

We all know about Gentilozzi's Champ Car fiasco but I don't believe he had problems before that.  Wasn't his last venture with Jag sucessful, in fact for quite a while before Champ Car took him away...?!

Rocketsports faced very little competition in Trans Am.  The people they did race against seemed to think that they ran an illegal car most all the time.  I don't know if there's any truth to that or not.  I expect Porsche, Ferrari and to a lesser extent, BMW to make things a bit harder on them.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: