Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 08:14:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Autosport and autosport.com coverage  (Read 3283 times)
delaney64

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2008, 01:20:17 pm »

Does anyone know if there's a preview (print) from Autosport this year?

Also, I see their podcasts are back. Are they doing some sort of internet thing from le Mans?

If there is a preview it needs to be better than the last couple (and it needs to be out before people disappear to France!)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:24:53 pm »

Also, I see their podcasts are back. Are they doing some sort of internet thing from le Mans?

If there is a preview it needs to be better than the last couple (and it needs to be out before people disappear to France!)
well on the CA Guide 2008 it says they print the guide & publish it the thursday before the race Smiley

delaney64

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:29:06 pm »

Doh! Should have looked there first shouldn't I?Thanks

I thought Evo would have done something again but apart from a couple of mentions there's nothing...

Think Eurotunnel are planning to do something in their terminals Thurs/Fri next week
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 01:36:15 pm »

Why would anyone want to pay for Autosport when we have the definitive CA Guide!!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 01:37:38 pm »

I seem to remember that last weeks Autosport stated that the LM guide would be out in this weeks (5th June) issue !

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 01:38:02 pm »

Think Eurotunnel are planning to do something in their terminals Thurs/Fri next week

I too am planning to do something in a Eurotunnel terminal next week, and I hope things have improved since my last effort.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 02:21:57 pm »

I too am planning to do something in a Eurotunnel terminal next week, and I hope things have improved since my last effort.
H

Yes I thought that left plenty of scope for a wide interpretation too. I'd visions of all their staff lining up outside the duty free shop and dancing an Irish jig. Crazy as it sounds, I also thought they might reduce the price of a pint of John Smiths and a gin and tonic so that you actully get change out of a tenner, but that really would be madness.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
delaney64

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 02:31:31 pm »

Tee Hee
whoops sorry, meant I think they are theming things and handing out info on other races in Europe.
Drinks vouchers would go down a storm though wouldn't they?

And wouldn't the staff we lining up to wave les saucissons? Oh no I've slipped into something open to interpretation again....

rdj-pics
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 11:47:04 pm »

The editor of Autosport posted on 10/10ths about a week or so ago saying the preview will this weeks issue. I don't think they will ever make the same mistake as they made last year again as the upset alot people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: