Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 09:42:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal race cars  (Read 2303 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:13:28 am »

Was look on the web and found these pic,

1971 Porsche 917K Le Mans Steve McQueen Race Car,

1st pic looks good,

but when you  look at the 2nd one and see the number plate and lights, I hope it means some can drive it down the road.

Great fun I bet.

Any other cars like this?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:25:37 am »

That looks like an LMK Kraftwerks car

There are few around including these two in Austria. The Guy that owns the Gulf one also owns a real 917/10!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YJaq-Opiys

In period Count Rossi had a real 917 road car.

Lola T70's were also used on the road in the 60's

* normal_DSCF0158%7E0.jpg (43.35 KB, 450x337 - viewed 286 times.)

* normal_IMG_7250[1].jpg (38.47 KB, 450x337 - viewed 293 times.)

* gm_917_02k.jpg (35.97 KB, 459x304 - viewed 250 times.)

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 04:01:14 pm »

In period Count Rossi had a real 917 road car.

Rossi family had 2 road trim 917's. One maroon, amd I think the other was green.
I remember them being featured in Road & Track circa 1972/3.
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 05:33:22 pm »

Of course there was the porsche GT1 and the Merc CLK GTR LM (but are they road cars s converted or racers converted to raod cars or homologated specials?)
By the way while I looked up for pictures of a GT1 found this article anybody know whether this is going ahead?

"Bugatti’s mantle as purveyors of the World’s Fastest Automobile won’t last through decade’s end if Porsche has anything to say about it.

Stuttgart’s engineers are reportedly hard at work on a roadgoing iteration of a future Le Mans contender, dubbed the GT1. The super car is expected to call upon every one of its 950 horsepower en route to a top whack of 254 mph, pipping Bugatti’s Veyron by a pair of speedometer increments.

Based on the carbon fiber chassis of the out-of-production Carrera GT, the GT1 is said to incorporate new front and rear end fixtures, but the powerplant remains up for debate. Sources indicate that it could be powered by a twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-8 derived from the Cayenne SUV, or it could simply be a force-fed version of the Carrera GT’s V-10.

Either way, expect a high dollar, high profile dogfight between Ettore’s and Ferdinand’s people in just a few years."

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: