Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:40:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balestre  (Read 6857 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 01:31:09 am »

J-MB rest in peace.

With regards to comments about Prost vs Senna posted here. I have no real comment. And to be perfectly honest these should not be posted in an abiturary colume.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 03:00:34 am »

Ordinarily Leftie I would agree with you, but so much of Balestre's legacy as president of the FIA is defined by his relationship with these two men, that I think the JMB, Prost, Senna "triangle" is worth scrutiny.  There are those, with some merit, who argued that Balestre showed a preference for his "golden boys" Prost, Piquet (who was beloved by Balestre), etc.  Senna was the most vocal in his criticism of the then FIA president.  But if one looks at the sort of on-track antics Balestre and the FIA allowed Senna to get away with, Senna's argument never held water.  When someone as powerful and controversial as Balestre passes on, there's bound to some looking in the review mirror, rather than just banal RIP's,
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 10:59:58 am »

We had the " Great Club Arnage RIP thread" debate a few years ago, it got quite heated, understandably. I seem to remember the vague consensus was that, unless there is any indication otherwise, discussing the life and times and controversies surrounding the deceased was acceptable provided it was done with due respect. I don't think any of the comments here so far breach this guidline, but it is up to the Mods to call the shots on that. Read the excellent Obits columns in the Daily Telegraph and you'll get the general drift.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: