Club Arnage
September 30, 2024, 11:37:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any suggestions for flag poles?  (Read 21710 times)
rcutler
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2008, 05:00:06 pm »

Wouldn't it be cheaper to bring along an eastern european bloke to hold onto the flag pole, just like the ones who hold 'legal' advertising boards all day in your local shopping centre?  Wink

Aren't they called Poles anyway, Surely we can ask one of them from the land of Poles (Poland) if they know of a good supplier.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2008, 11:57:32 pm »

Could ask one of my collegues, he's originally from Poland.... Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2008, 01:38:50 am »

Wouldn't it be cheaper to bring along an eastern european bloke to hold onto the flag pole, just like the ones who hold 'legal' advertising boards all day in your local shopping centre?  Wink

Barry, BTW, the bottom flag is Estonia, they got the bench. Not too far from Poland. Also the were of the fairer sex.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 01:58:24 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
nickliv
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2008, 08:43:08 pm »

Found this over on PH

When it comes to flagpoles, only the amateurs bring their own. This is a tried and tested approach for the seasoned Le Mans goer that sets you apart from the crowd.

Step 1
Ensure you take with you a minibus / 4x4, some rope / chains and some digging & chopping instruments.

Step 2
When at LM go to your nearest wood, find a suitable tree, cut it down, trim the branches and then tow back behind said minibus or 4x4.

Ensure you have a support vehicle to follow, don't drive to quickly as the tree being dragged along the road can fish tail somewhat! and can be a bit of a hazard. Laugh hysterically at the looks on the faces of the passengers in the cars who go for the big overtake to pass the support vehicle only to find that the 50 foot gap between it and the minibus in front is filled by a tree.

Step 3
While the lumberjacks are off doing their Monty Python thing, dig a hole @ 4 foot deep and ensure you have a number of wedges to chock the tree when you get it into its hole. Ensure that on one side, the hole is opened out so that the trunk can slide in before its put upright.

Step 4
Enlist as many fellow campers into the next operation as lifting a 50 foot tree into the vertical position is a bugger of a job.

Step 5
Tie your flags on now

Step 6
Using a large log as a fulcrum, walk the tree up into the vertical and chock as appropriate.

Step 7
While you have a beer admiring this feat of human engineering that only a group of lads could do in a foreign field, watch numerous people move their tents as the new flagpole leans precariously even though you know its not going to fall over in a month of Sundays. Also joke with the more gullible amongst us that yes indeed you found the only tree in the campsite and got some mug to climb all the way to the top and put the flag on it.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:46:48 pm by nickliv » Logged
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2008, 09:19:52 pm »

But they can't build a bottle mountain can they  Wink Grin
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2008, 12:27:16 am »

But they can't build a bottle mountain can they  Wink Grin

Nah, you need us Welsh guys for that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 01:33:08 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: