Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 12:12:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st tickets selling the CA calendar.  (Read 6235 times)
nickliv
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:50:19 pm »

Onwards and upwards. They must have a fairly big mailing list, and it's getting on for calendar buying time of year too.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:07:25 pm »

Where is that on their website Nick? I noticed they haven't got a link to us

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:08:28 pm »

Onwards and upwards. They must have a fairly big mailing list, and it's getting on for calendar buying time of year too.

Yes they have.  I have been in discussions with the proprietor, who is also a member on here, for a couple of weeks now.  They are selling these on behalf of CA, only requiring any banking/payment charges to be paid out of the income, so most proceeds will accrue to CA.  They are offering this as part of their 'total package' service.  Next year's guide will also be 'advertised' to their customers (so the Charity Account should also benefit) and CA will be promoted to a large number of race fans.  All good news.

You must be on their mailing list, Nick - I havn't seen anything on their web site?

Del

Team Delboy Racing
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:55 pm »

I got the email from them today, this was the calendar bit
Support Club Arnage

Club Arnage is a well known and popular Le Mans forum based website that, through it’s membership provides an excellent source of Le Mans information and discussions.  As Club Arnage is a non commercial web site, it is reliant on member donations and fund raising.  This year they have produced a 2008 calendar, which would make an ideal Christmas present for any Le Mans enthusiast.  All the photographs in the calendar were taken by Club Arnage members and aim to capture the spirit of Le Mans as well as the race itself.

Calendars are available through 1st Tickets at £11.00 each (including posting and packing). All proceeds will be passed directly on to Club Arnage, although there will be a small surcharge for payments by debit or credit cards.  If you would like to support Club Arnage, please email us with your requirements and we will contact you to finalise the order

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 01:56:04 pm »

Well that seems to me to be a good, well-balanced bit of writing, giving credit where credit is due, which can only do good for the CA cause.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 02:40:11 pm »

I noticed they haven't got a link to us

They will have soon, Bob - they are currently revamping their site, and will include a link (with banner) to CA.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 04:00:15 pm »

FYI, the guys at 1st tickets were themselves very disappointed with the poor response for the calendar from their clients. 

I have received today a cheque to cover what they did sell, and also a very generous cheque as a donation to the server fund. 

On behalf of the membership of CA, thank you to 1st Tickets Limited for this donation.

Brian (the MD) also states "......we would like to explore other ways of assisting Club Arnage in the future, including the CA guide."  Needless to say I will keep in touch with Brian.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 05:30:28 pm »

Also found this whilst trying to organise someone via Eurostar:

http://destinationsen.eurostar.com/sisp/index.htm?fx=event&event_id=29226

Click on: Unofficial but informative Guide to the Race.

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 06:36:49 pm »

I would have thought that would be well worthy of a donation from them to the CA charities fund.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:43:12 pm »

I'd say that's a good place for us to have a link - it's to the forum not the guide (which I thought it might be). Could pay good money for some advertising!!
nickliv
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 09:18:13 pm »

1 free return PA for each demi god or higher? Cool
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 09:22:12 pm »

You've already had YOUR freebie for this year, Nick   Grin Grin

Del

Team Delboy Racing
nickliv
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 09:29:37 pm »

True Del. Very true.

And a lovely treat it was.

To get things back on topic, Brian did say to me that he was very interested in using the guide for his customers, which is a good thing in lots of ways, Brians customers will get a superb guide to the event, from that Brian will get lots of kudos and hopehully return business, and CA will / may get more members and support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: