Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 06:25:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grandad Keith....  (Read 4248 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 10:32:49 pm »

For those who knew it was imminent, Keith became a grandfather on Saturday morning. 

"Wednesday" was born at 4.44am on Saturday morning and weighed in at 8lb 4oz.   Mother, babe and father are now home and doing well.  Grandad would like comments about how he can't possibly be old enough to be a Grandfather!   Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:36:52 pm »

Congratulations Keith, and of course to Mum and Dad.. So you will be shopping for a Scalextric on Saturday then Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 12:16:43 am »

Congratulations!

Keith should know that you're just as old as you feel and behave. Grin That'S why I'm sometimes still a 14 year old. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 12:22:00 am »

Grandad would like comments about how he can't possibly be old enough to be a Grandfather!   Grin

Grandpa Keith,

You don't look old enough.... laugh laugh laugh

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 12:58:37 am »

For those who knew it was imminent, Keith became a grandfather on Saturday morning. 

"Wednesday" was born at 4.44am on Saturday morning and weighed in at 8lb 4oz.   Mother, babe and father are now home and doing well.  Grandad would like comments about how he can't possibly be old enough to be a Grandfather!   Grin

Congrations to Keith and the mom and dad.

Welcome to the big wild world for 'Wednesday', you were either 3 days late or 4 days early. And now that you are the youngest member of CA, we look forward to scalextrix races and the progressing to the real thing at La Sarthe.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 05:02:27 am »

Hey Gramps,
                 congratulations to all concerned.
 Canada Phil
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 09:46:46 am »

Many congratulations to Keith, Piglet and the rest of the family!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 10:00:31 am »

Hey Grandad,

Congratulations and welcome to the club!  I can testify twice over that it is a fun, life-changing experience, at least once they get past the nappy and being sick stages, and are communicating.  It is the ideal chance for revenge upon one's own children.  One of the standard behaviours in this respect is the doting grandparent taking grandchild out for the afternoon and returning said child to loving parent after an afternoon of fun and frivolity, bouncing off the ceiling like a helium balloon high on e-numbers and additives.  And the child is too.  I can highly recommmend blue smarties for this exercise in irresponsibility.  

Grand-daughters are good too, because you can buy lots of things to "keep at home for when they come round", on the pretext that they haven't got them at home.  Our two enjoy items such as the Brio train set, Scaletrix, remote controlled cars and a helicopter, and of course the MGA, the last being "Grandad's racing car", which they have worked out is unique and cool to be seen in by their other little mates.

Have fun,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
nickliv
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 11:58:33 am »

Congratulations to all involved.  Smiley

You do need to do as Mark says, and keep some 'extra special' toys at your house for the grandchildren. The sort of toys that make Dad jealous. My dad has a Morgan which does very well for 'rides' up and down the drive, and it is indeed 'Granda's racing car'

Smarties only contain natural colours and flavourings now, so dosing them up on 'blue' ones might be a thing of the past.

But they definitely don't taste as good.
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 12:24:55 pm »

I've a mate who is part of the 'dose them up and send them home team'

One of his grand-daughters reacts to chocolate, not dangerous, she just goes hyper for and hour or two if she has any.
Of course it is banned in the house, but Granda always has some.......funny how she can only have it about 15 minutes before home time!

Did I just say that out loud?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 01:36:58 pm »

As an Aunt of some 24 years standing I'm a long serving member of the "dose them up and send them home team"  Grin    I also have particular expertise in the selecting of noisy and irritating presents  Grin    It all makes me very popular with the kids but less so with their parents for some reason....
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 02:04:55 pm »

Crikey, that was fast! He only got married this year!  Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 02:35:31 pm »

I also have particular expertise in the selecting of noisy and irritating presents  Grin    It all makes me very popular with the kids but less so with their parents for some reason....

We have become similarly expert, but are very careful with the noisy and irritating presents - and only give them when we are round at their house.  Otherwise, it's a matter of the delighted grandchild being asked by the damned parent "darling, shall we leave that at nanny and grandad's as a special present for you to play with when you are here?" and the grandchild innocently goes "oh, yes that's a good idea"...... Wink

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 04:27:35 pm »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Lovely post - well done

Now that my Son is older than I was when I gave birth to him, I was kinda giggling because he now lives with his girlfiend in Leeds and he could in fact make me a Grandmother!

God forbid though - it would ruin my image - A Grandmother at thirty somthing !!

YIKES!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: