Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 06:38:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffalo grill  (Read 2719 times)
nickliv
« on: November 28, 2007, 03:28:26 pm »

Seen these places by the roadside in France, ever since I was a kid.

Bon or Mal?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 03:49:14 pm »

I do believe they go round the outside!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:52:01 pm »

Bon, good value food, our fav is the "Le Trapper" you get ostrich, bison and steak, very good themed fast food. the waitress's wear very short cow girl skirts as an added bonus. Wink

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:35:29 pm »

Well it beats McDonalds but that's about it imo

Don't park in the area behind the Le Mans Buffalo Grill btw, we made the mistake to park there in 2001 on Sundayevening after the race just to find our cars with windows smashed and clothes, tents and valuables stolen from the boot.

The locals -from the North African persuasian- who were sitting outside on their balconies ofcourse didn't see anything.
Didn't stop us from coming back to Le Mans the next year though.

Funny thing, just this summer, 6 years after the fact, one of my mates had his stolen drivers license returned to him by the French police.
Them gendermes might not work fast but at least they solve the crime.  Wink
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:04:48 pm »

Well it beats McDonalds but that's about it imo

There was a food safety scandal a while ago involving their meat. I can't remember the details but I think it might have been in frozen storage in Ireland or somewhere, for a considerable period of time. Years, as I recall. And it wasn't fit for human consumption.

Don't have the chicken, it's gone off.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 05:42:48 pm »

From their wiki page:
British beef scandal
In December 2002 it was the subject of a major scandal when allegations emerged that the chain had sold British beef, banned in France due to fears of BSE contamination, between 1996 and 2000. In October 2003, manslaughter charges against the firm's executives were dismissed in respect of two vCJD sufferers, who claimed to have caught the disease from the firm's beef. Two of the firm's employees spent three months in prison prior to being acquitted. The firm's sales suffered considerably due to the scandal, but by 2004 were on the rise again.

Illegal employees scandal
On the 4th of June of 2007, it was reported that approximately 15% of Buffalo Grill's employees were foreign. A significant number of them, mostly from Africa, had illegal immigrant status in France. The chain's management has been accused of slave-like work, unfair conditions,threats and disobeying state labour laws by some of its former employees, who are now occupying a restaurant in Viry-Châtillon (Essonne in the outskirts of Paris) daily from 9am to 11pm as a sign of protest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: