Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 12:50:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, who are we going to support in Euro 2008?  (Read 8058 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 06:30:52 pm »

Not trying to start a big debate here but is it just me or does this show the 2 different sides of a coin here?

Here in scotland we didnt qualify but were on our knees trying to tie down Alex McLeish for 2010 and are still celebrating finishing 3rd. We just cant believe the change since Mr Vogts made a twat of things.

Still,things are looking good for the home internationals coming back next year.

In a way I suppose it does, but if McLeish was a tw@ who had failed to engender a fighting spirit in your beloved national team (forget about any actual results or style of play for a minute) the SFA would be (I hope for your sake) showing him the door PDQ too.  Lucky for you Scotland has found a manager who is getting some fanatstic performances from his players.  Let us pray that whoever England get next as national coach they can restore the sort of pride and spirit that your guys have displayed in the qualiification campaign.
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 06:59:29 pm »

Scotland were truly magnificent during the qualifying campaign and it distressed me no end that we didn't make it. On current form if we are gonna be in pot 2 and the English in pot 1 for the world cup qualifiers then, I will be praying it is england that get pulled out the pot with us. Much rather play england than holland, czech republic etc. Although I think the Scottish lads wouldn't mind another pop at the Italians.

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 09:10:02 pm »

Hi all

I will as usual be supporting France although I much prefer to watch them play Rugby, even if they lose now and again.

Is McClaren a scapegoat, I do not know, the umbrella thing was silly but can you really blame him, he had probably just had a £200 haircut.

What I think is most annoying is the effort put in by the players, I believe the majority are not as committed as they should be. Perhaps their wallets are weighing them down and they fancy a holiday next summer.

Allez les Bleus

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 09:24:24 pm »

What's the difference between the England football team and Lewis Hamilton?

Hamilton still has a McClaren!!!

Alsdo posted in the Joke thread

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

I echo the sentiments of Rusty and Oldtimer. I know it's a game of two halves Brian, but something really really gnaws right at my soul, having supported club and country pretty much since I could think. It's something I've never seen before and never want to see again. We've seen all sorts of touchline shennannigans over the years. There's been fighting, faking, spitting, temper tantrums, sendings off and all sorts of other offensive behaviour. But what really really boiled my urine last night was watching that great big thick stupid ginger tw@t McClaren standing on the touchline whilst sheltering under an umbrella. A F*CKING UMBRELLA! Jesus H Christ on the physio's table, he looked like a disinterested parent at a kid's sunday league match, the gormless pudding-faced buffoon. I have never seen anything quite like that before. Good riddance, I only pray he doesn't end up at the Villa when MON takes the England job.

I think it is time to re-itrate the cry thatt resounded at the Madejski Stadium when I was a guest of my brother in laws company (in a bloomin box with food fer gawdsake)

Coppel for England
Coppel for England
Coppel for England

and keep yer feckin' hands off MON

We already gave a manager
 Angry

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 09:55:49 am »

Ok folks, whilst in Le Sarthe next June, who will you be supporting?

Now let me see, Audi? Perscarolo? Racing for Holland? or perhaps a MOTOR RACING team!
After all we are there to see MOTOR RACING !
At least we wont have a mass outbreak of tatty England flags littering the hard shoulder of every motorway next summer.

Mines a Gin & Tonic
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 09:58:10 am »

I echo the sentiments of Rusty and Oldtimer. I know it's a game of two halves Brian, but something really really gnaws right at my soul, having supported club and country pretty much since I could think. It's something I've never seen before and never want to see again. We've seen all sorts of touchline shennannigans over the years. There's been fighting, faking, spitting, temper tantrums, sendings off and all sorts of other offensive behaviour. But what really really boiled my urine last night was watching that great big thick stupid ginger tw@t McClaren standing on the touchline whilst sheltering under an umbrella. A F*CKING UMBRELLA! Jesus H Christ on the physio's table, he looked like a disinterested parent at a kid's sunday league match, the gormless pudding-faced buffoon. I have never seen anything quite like that before. Good riddance, I only pray he doesn't end up at the Villa when MON takes the England job.

I think it is time to re-itrate the cry thatt resounded at the Madejski Stadium when I was a guest of my brother in laws company (in a bloomin box with food fer gawdsake)

Coppel for England
Coppel for England
Coppel for England

and keep yer feckin' hands off MON

We already gave a manager
 Angry

One half-decent season in the Premiership does not an England manager make (apologies to Aristotle)... or then again given some of the appointments made by the FA in the past, perhaps it does
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 10:34:20 am »

Now let me see, Audi? Perscarolo? Racing for Holland? or perhaps a MOTOR RACING team!
At least we wont have a mass outbreak of tatty England flags littering the hard shoulder of every motorway next summer.

Silly old me!

There was me thinking that a at least a passing interest in other sports was allowed. Come to think of it, is motor racing actually a sport?
Probably not. I think for something to qualify as a sport, you should have to wear shorts to take part.

Football, rugby, tennis.....all sports, beacuse they wear shorts.

Bowls, archery, fencing...........all long trousers, so not sports.

Cricket...now that's a difficult one. It looks like a sport, but the trousers!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 05:23:56 pm »

Silly old me!

There was me thinking that a at least a passing interest in other sports was allowed. Come to think of it, is motor racing actually a sport?
Probably not. I think for something to qualify as a sport, you should have to wear shorts to take part.

OK I'll come clean. Tongue was firmly in cheek with the posting

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 06:12:50 pm »

Thought I'd mention it again. Oldtimer I fully agree with you.

There's no way any English Premiership managers (except Coppel) will ever get a result with Goldenballs and his cronies in the team.

time to bring up the next generation and teach them how to play as a team, not ten or eleven full of themselves selfimportant pillocks

rant over Cry

And now we can enjoy the summer again next year, no pressure.

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 08:25:56 am »

Now Nobby,
                MotorRacing Mountain Climbing and Bull Fighting are SPORT the rest are merely Games. According to Ernest Hemmingway atleast.
Phil

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: