Club Arnage
June 30, 2024, 01:59:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vinnies Vice needs your help  (Read 6646 times)
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2007, 09:14:26 pm »

Hello all,

on behalf of Vinnies Vice, our DFH-Friday Night Rock Band of last year (and coming year!!) I have a cry for help.

they will do a UK tour coming october:

5 oct: Derby
10 oct: Harrogate Yorkshire
11 oct: Kirkland Wakefield
12 oct: either Lenton-Nottingham or Grimsby
13 oct: Shardlow-Derby

however, they lack financial backing for this tour and they where hoping to save some money (or rather not loose to much on this tour) by maybe being able to stay a few days at somebodies house/yard...

Is there someone on Club Arnage who might be able to help out or maybe have some other ideas for them to save on staying in hotels?

I am really looking forward to your ideas/help,

thanks in advance,

Dirk Jan
DfH
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 10:24:08 pm »

Sadly I'm at the wrong end of the country, good luck to them though  Smiley
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:56:47 pm »

It doesn't look like I can help as I'm in Chester but will do if of any use.
 Good luck guys !

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:22:00 pm »

I would suggest they try, www.travellodge.co.uk and www.travelinn.co.uk. They often have rooms that will sleep three for around £50 a night, worth looking into. I am also at the wrong end of the country for these tours.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 12:07:38 am »

Not really sure that i can offer any help with accomodation etc, but I do plan to go and watch them in Wakefield on the 11th after i return from Petit Le Mans. I will of course have my DFH shirt on for the occassion.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 02:45:34 am »

Thinking about it, I may be able to offer some sort of help, but it would be a two way kind of deal. Looking at their dates, they are playing Derby on the 5th and then have nothing until the 10th at Harrogate (which is only about 1 hr 1/2 from my house. So I am guessing they need somewhere to stay between the 6th and the 10th. I will be away at Petit Le Mans from the 4th to the morning of the 10th, so my home will be empty. So if they wanted to hang around in Lancashire for a 4 days until their next gig then they are welcome to stay in my home. All i ask is that they respect it and don't damage anything and perhaps feed my cat for me twice a day. They wouldn't have to have any cat issues though as the cat sleeps in the house at night. Also probably couldn't mess with the video / DVD and Sky as they will be set but other than that they can use the TV and music system etc. Can't promise a house that isn't messy or dusty but they will have a bed and facilities.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 09:06:56 am »

I'm too far up north too I'm afraid but best of luck to the boys!
 As an aside- are they serious rock n roll telly out of the window types? If so they are welcome to throw our TV out of the window (i'd rather it was open at the time as they are new) because if I have to spend another evening watching the crap Mrs S watches I will go up the wall!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 10:58:16 pm »

I'm too far up north too I'm afraid but best of luck to the boys!
 As an aside- are they serious rock n roll telly out of the window types? If so they are welcome to throw our TV out of the window (i'd rather it was open at the time as they are new) because if I have to spend another evening watching the crap Mrs S watches I will go up the wall!

lol Smiley

I haven't seen Vincent throw TV's for quite some time now hehehe
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 10:58:50 pm »

Thinking about it, I may be able to offer some sort of help, but it would be a two way kind of deal. Looking at their dates, they are playing Derby on the 5th and then have nothing until the 10th at Harrogate (which is only about 1 hr 1/2 from my house. So I am guessing they need somewhere to stay between the 6th and the 10th. I will be away at Petit Le Mans from the 4th to the morning of the 10th, so my home will be empty. So if they wanted to hang around in Lancashire for a 4 days until their next gig then they are welcome to stay in my home. All i ask is that they respect it and don't damage anything and perhaps feed my cat for me twice a day. They wouldn't have to have any cat issues though as the cat sleeps in the house at night. Also probably couldn't mess with the video / DVD and Sky as they will be set but other than that they can use the TV and music system etc. Can't promise a house that isn't messy or dusty but they will have a bed and facilities.

thanks a lot Chris!

I will call Vincent tomorrow, inform him about your offer!
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 03:46:05 pm »

They slept in my tent at Le Mans and I can assure you they are perfect gentlemen.
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 03:46:46 pm »

And I mean that less gay than it may sound.
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 11:33:28 pm »

Chris, you have PM asking for your contact details, the band loves to take your offer, they will take care of your cat and everything!
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 11:40:19 pm »

at request of Vinnies Vice I would like to thank you all for your very helpful replies, they are really impressed and blown away by the quick and relevant information you provided (and the will to help).

a big thank you from Vincent Janse, Jun Lee, Lennard Veldhoen and Jorrit den Broeder, their roadie/sound technician.

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 11:44:50 pm »

Chris, you have PM asking for your contact details, the band loves to take your offer, they will take care of your cat and everything!

Now that's typical Brit & CA hospitality for you.

WELL DONE CHRIS.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: