Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 04:18:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scalextric track compatibility  (Read 20262 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 08:20:59 pm »

My brother and I used to put fairy liquid on the track for big slides around the corners, its a miracle we're still here

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
nickliv
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 08:22:52 pm »

And

http://tinyurl.com/2cfkh4

WD40 was our 'ice' of choice when we were kids.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2007, 08:40:45 pm »

Yeah,i used the fairy liquid method  Grin i will never forget the sight of a mighty metro smashing the glass front on the fire and getting shouted at even though it was my dad in control of that car  Roll Eyes aparently it was my fault for showing him how to slide it.

They have lumps of what round the back???
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2007, 08:42:49 pm »

If you go to most car boots you can usually find a mighty metro set or similar. I have loads of them and never pay more than a fiver for them.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2007, 02:29:27 am »

Yeah,i used the fairy liquid method  Grin i will never forget the sight of a mighty metro smashing the glass front on the fire and getting shouted at even though it was my dad in control of that car  Roll Eyes aparently it was my fault for showing him how to slide it.

As a wee lad, my aunt bought me a 'Zip Raceway' which had a metal/tin track.  Talc' on the corners was brill.

Scalextric was originally built by Minimodels of Havant. They used to dump their rejects at Bedhampton (now called Harts farm Way).  Me and me pals used to scavenge for bits there.

When I finally got a Scalextric, I had a sharknose Ferrari, D Type and a Lister Jag with lights. That was in the early 60's.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
fugitive4000
CA Veteran

Every Year Since '97

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2007, 02:41:42 pm »

Probably got abot 50 slot cars in my collection - latest is the Olive Garden Lola from the ALMS race at Silverstone in 2000 - cool car, looks like a boat! Got LM winners since 1997 (my first year) except the '01, '02 Audi's and '03 Bentley, waiting on the '06 Audi. Also got a whole raft of cars from 1970 (probably about 25 of them) building the Porsche 914/6 at the moment from a 1:32 scale model kit - should be cool. Also converting an old Airfix 1:32 scale Alvis Stalwart to a slotcar - should be a bit of fun if rather slow!

cheers! AB.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2007, 03:34:30 pm »

Also converting an old Airfix 1:32 scale Alvis Stalwart to a slotcar - should be a bit of fun if rather slow!

cheers! AB.

Airfix did there own version of slot racing in the 60s. Not very good or popular if I recall.

http://pws.prserv.net/gbinet.dbjames/mrrc.htm

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
badgered1
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2007, 12:58:19 pm »

Adrian,

Are you getting the slotcars ready for the kids? Wink My collection must be around 500 cars or so. I haven't counted them in a long time. Also have about 25 kits that need to be finished, just haven't had the time. I find myself watching races on TV and checking out the barriers and advertisements more than the race itself. It's all about the scenery really.

Sew on and sew on....
Chris

Sew on and sew forth.
fugitive4000
CA Veteran

Every Year Since '97

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2007, 05:32:14 pm »

Hi Chris, no way are the boys playing with daddys' cars!!! Having seen the pictures of your track the scenary looks fine to me as it is, still looking at the barriers can sometimes be more interesting than the race - guess Alonso was looking at the scenary whilst screwing over Lewis in the pits during qually today, he certainly wasn't getting on with doing his job.

cheers! Adrian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: