Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 11:10:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November MotorSport  (Read 5170 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:48:24 pm »

I realize many of us already subscribe to MotorSport, but for those who haven't seen the November issue yet, there's a terrific cover story about the Porsche 917/20 (the famous Pink Pig) and a nice feature about Jo Siffert.  Well worth stopping by the local newstand to pick up a copy. The Porsche wasn't the prettiest or most successful car to ever grace the Sarthe, but it was certainly one of the most charismatic.  They don't make paint jobs like that anymore!
Fax
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:39:56 am »

Good shout. Another excellent issue again this month.

There are rumours abound that The Pig will be on the entry list for next years Classic Le Mans. I sure hope so as its one of my all time favourite cars.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 01:51:10 pm »

Is it still owned by Porsche?

I guess the publicity Porsche would gain by running it would be worth a win in the main event. Pretty sure I saw the martini long tail one year doing demo runs, but never seen the pig in the flesh.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 04:35:40 pm »

actually saw the Pig at lemans, made me smile then but to see in on the track after all those years will bring an even bigger smile and memories of when I used to do le mans with the bear minimum of stuff rather than a large estate car full of equipement
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 07:33:53 pm »

I used to do le mans with the bear minimum of stuff
Pot of honey, perhaps  Wink
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 07:37:46 pm »

Picture?

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 08:39:23 pm »

Nordic, yes Porsche still owns it.  It resides in the Porsche motorsport musuem.  On http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/ the editor discusses settting up the photoshoot with Porsche.  Agreed guys, would be great to see (and hear) it run in anger again.
My wife got a chuckle out of the article and photos.  The feature is a modelers dream, they photograph Bertha from about every possible angle.  All the pork cuts shown...Makes me hungry thinking about it Grin
Fax
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 11:20:05 am »

Funny you should say that Fax. On the day i read the article I hot footed it to shops and got a big juicy ham which I slow cooked in 3 pints of cherry cola. It was superb, all sticky and sweet on the outside and rich and salty within, served up with roasted parsnips and green beens from the garden. Oh mamma!

Haven't thought about the connection until now.

The power of subliminal advertising over a week mind!

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 10:51:10 pm »

LB, I like the sound of the Ham & Cola recipe, will have to try that one out.  I'm thinking of throwing a couple of thick bone-in loin chops on the grill tonight in honor of the Porsche Porker, and wash them down with a few Warsteiner's.
This thread could easily evolve into the Club Arnage pork recipe thread.
Fax
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 11:48:02 pm »

Funny you should say that Fax. On the day i read the article I hot footed it to shops and got a big juicy ham which I slow cooked in 3 pints of cherry cola. It was superb, all sticky and sweet on the outside and rich and salty within, served up with roasted parsnips and green beens from the garden. Oh mamma!

Haven't thought about the connection until now.

The power of subliminal advertising over a week mind!

Si

So...................

You are going to be in charge of the kitchen at the Classic next year......maybe a question mark coming HuhHuh? (doesn't that word look strange in type - coming, that is)

Better than a bottle of Rillettes on bread then... NO I don't mean coming, I mean the fact that you can cooooooook

Does this make any sense, answers on a postcar in 3-4 letter word, cos I am a bit drunk... unusual I know.

>Martini...LB

PS I remember cooking a marinated leg of lamb on Annexe one year - much to the surprise of Nordic and gang who were BBQing sausages- what a bunch of drooooooolers

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: