Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:27:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mid Ohio ALMS this Saturday  (Read 4653 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2007, 12:15:24 am »

Me and the Missus will there early Saturday morning, the ALMS race rolls off at 3:15 PM.  Any other CA'ers going to be in attendance?
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 06:17:28 am »

Hi Fax,
         Enjoy. Already had two race week ends in July so I am waiting for ALMS to come to Mosport in August. If Speed GT is running be sure to watch that too. caddy's and porsche going at it! great fun
Phil
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 11:10:16 pm »

Hey Phil,
Good to hear from you, hope all's well with our nothern neighbor.  Just checked the morning practice times from today, Penske Porsche's 1-2, then the Acura's.
Weather looks gorgeous for tomorrow afternoon, should be a great show.
Fax
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 01:43:24 am »

Don't step in any IRL.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 09:34:58 am »

And we Europeans only get to see it Monday night! Angry

MotorsTV, Monday 23 july 2007

21:00 (20:00 UK)  AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES
RD 7 : MID-OHIO

The American Le Mans Series will take centre stage all season long with its very intense and unique form of sports car endurance competition across the United States. 

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 10:07:07 am »

As far as I can see, Paddy, this seems to be related to who the US broadcaster is.  With one, we get it live, with the other "delayed" (ie 2 days late).  A veritable pain trying to avoid finding out the result before I've watched it!

Request : please don't broadcast the result in thread titles before Tuesday morning guys, thanks.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 11:18:02 am »

As far as I can see, Paddy, this seems to be related to who the US broadcaster is.  With one, we get it live, with the other "delayed" (ie 2 days late). 

Indeed. This time it's NBC, so it's delayed. If Speed covers the race, we normally get it live. Apparently it's even a delayed broadcast in the US!

Drinking for Holland
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 05:18:54 pm »

Request : please don't broadcast the result in thread titles before Tuesday morning guys, thanks.

Nope. But here's some info from the results list on americanlemans.com for the next race for those who like to follow it live:

The next round of the American Le Mans Series is the Generac 500 at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisc. The four-hour race is scheduled for 4 p.m. CT on Saturday, August 11. American Le Mans Radio will have live coverage at americanlemans.com, which also will feature IMSA Live Timing & Scoring. NBC Sports will broadcast the race from 2:30-4:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 12.

Drinking for Holland
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 06:42:24 pm »

Won't spoil things by giving the results, but a terrific race, and a massive crowd, no doubt helped by some sublime July weather.  Will be interested to see if they get as big a crowd today for the IRL show, I doubt it.  Yesterday was a very impressive card with the Indy Car qualifying, Porsche GT3 race, and ALMS race, all in one afternoon.
Fax
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 07:15:35 pm »

Won't spoil things by giving the results, but a terrific race, and a massive crowd, no doubt helped by some sublime July weather.  Will be interested to see if they get as big a crowd today for the IRL show, I doubt it.  Yesterday was a very impressive card with the Indy Car qualifying, Porsche GT3 race, and ALMS race, all in one afternoon.
Fax

Honda gave away 35,000 tickets to their employees.  Whatever kind of crowd the IRL sham pulls today can be attributed to that.  The ALMS had a bigger (paying) crowd at Lime Rock than the hapless IRL has seen in ages for anything except the 500 or a "Buy NASCAR tickets, get IRL tickets free" deal.

See you at Road America.

:cheers:

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 04:42:55 am »

Honda gave away 35,000 tickets to their employees.  Whatever kind of crowd the IRL sham pulls today can be attributed to that.  The ALMS had a bigger (paying) crowd at Lime Rock than the hapless IRL has seen in ages for anything except the 500 or a "Buy NASCAR tickets, get IRL tickets free" deal.

See you at Road America.

:cheers:
[/quote]
 Hi Chop,
            What is the closes airport to Road America? Too far for a road trip this year.
Phil
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 07:35:15 am »

Hi Chop,
Phil

The closest "real" airport is Milwaukee, which is around 70 miles from the circuit. 

If you're able to get your plans together, PM me before you order your race tickets.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 06:46:22 am »

Hi Chop,
Phil

The closest "real" airport is Milwaukee, which is around 70 miles from the circuit. 

If you're able to get your plans together, PM me before you order your race tickets.
Hi Chop,
          What was I thinking Huh I have checked my calendar and am already commited to Mosport for a Region race the same week end and ALMS later in August should be enough of a "fix" for August. Ticket prices do look high though. No doubt caused by Champcar IMSA splitting the week end.
Thank you for your offer of assitance. I do hope to make it to Road America one day and 4 hours is a real enduro.
Phil
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 11:30:56 am »

Too bad, Phil.  The price is high because with Star Mazda, Formula BMW, Atlantics, Champ Car and ALMS all on tap, it looks to be a pretty good weekend at the best road course in NA.  Maybe next year.

Hope to see you at the Petit.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 11:35:27 am by chop456 » Logged

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 05:16:43 am »

Too bad, Phil.  The price is high because with Star Mazda, Formula BMW, Atlantics, Champ Car and ALMS all on tap, it looks to be a pretty good weekend at the best road course in NA.  Maybe next year.

Hope to see you at the Petit.

HI Chop,
           Sounds like a great week end. Enjoy. Petit Roll Eyes well it is the tenth so I will be making an extra effort this year. so far so good.
Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: