Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 04:22:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who got done for speeding this year?  (Read 15651 times)
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 08:15:02 pm »

Right then!

Mr Postman came Saturday morning. I was not available, it appears he required a signature for a "Recorded Delivery"!
Anybody else had this in the past?  Huh Was it good or bad news, were points added via DVLA link to the frogs Huh
Come on lads, how'd it go, last year & this.  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:18:48 pm by Bellend » Logged
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 09:09:16 pm »

Got ambushed on dual cariageway south of Caen about 5k past fixed speed cam 90euros fine :- 144.4 km phr looks like I got off lightly !

been there done that doing it again !
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 09:53:49 pm »

Got ambushed on dual cariageway south of Caen about 5k past fixed speed cam 90euros fine :- 144.4 km phr looks like I got off lightly !

It was alledged (Huh?) that I was 54K over the 110K limit. No proof was provided.
PC Garlic is now promoted to Sargent and will give a long speech at the Christmas pissup giving instructions to all on how to "feck" the English.

Maybe we should all go to France with a sticker on the window stating Napolion Sucks!
JT
CA Veteran

Roughton Gentleman's Club

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 10:26:09 pm »

I know that this may not be in the spirit of adventure that we are all supposed to demonstrate when gracing Johnny Foreigner with our presence but for the past couple of years the French authorities have both announced and demonstrated their intention to clamp down on speeding. This is countrywide and all year round. Is it entirely surprising then that the major roads from the Channel ports to La Sarthe are teeming with radar guns, particularly in light of previous years experiences where a significant minority of English visitors both announce and demonstrate their intention to drive as quickly as possible.
The answer to avoiding eye watering fines is to either keep to the limits or keep off the major routes, unless of course paying a fine is seen as either demonstrating that you have huge cojones or that the frogs are out to stuff the English. Me, I prefer to spend the money on something more enjoyable (beer, vin, more beer, more vin etc. etc.)

JT
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 10:38:40 pm »

Maybe we should all go to France with a sticker on the window stating Napolion Sucks!

Thing is with a sticker like that the French Gendarmes would not only know that you are a potential violator of the speed limit, but also that you are immensly stupid because it's "NapoleonGrin

and JT agree very much, it's hardly surpising anymore that the cops are out in force before and after the LM weekend. Nothing to do with pestering foreigners but with a policy that the French authorities adopted some 3-4 years ago to improve road safety.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 10:59:40 pm »

Don't tell me you dunno how to dissable a limiter  Huh??
I know it's fuse nr. 14 in a Scania lorry, just see which one you need for a van by pulling them out one by one Grin

Anyone know the "penalty" structure for speeding ,,,, 10kph over €? 20kph over ,,,, €?
When is one Banned  from driving in France, for how long and how much over the limit?
We have been lettering some Dutch equivilant for the Gumball Ralley (www.race2raise.nl), and I saw a driver today who had been banned from diving in France (his licence was conviscated). He was pulled doing 204 Kph, which is nearly 130 mph Undecided
Dunno for how long though...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 08:55:19 am »

Currently in the UK the law requires that proof (photographic or collaborative from a Dibble) be provided and the appropriate notice to prosecute be given to the driver - at that point one can just accept it and take a fixed penalty or go to court and fight it. The opening up of the databases between EU countries can only currently provide the French (or other countries) plod with the offenders address for them to send the fine and if not paid prosecute for non payment through the court systems in their own country - there is no structure to apply points onto foreign licences (until 2013 when the EU wide driving licence comes into effect!).

If the local pold do confiscate the licence of a foreign driver the best thing to do is to immediately report it as stolen in France by pold to the DVLA (or your local equivilent if not in the UK) and request a replacement licence as there is no mandate for them to deprive you of it (in France, things like this are at the descresion of the local Police chief and not the courts). They have been know to insist on the licence being exchanged for a French one with a ban (or points deducted) already in place - in this case, just throw it in a drawer for three years and drive on your replaced local licence.

IMHO, if you get a notice to pay a fine I'd just pay up and put it down to experiance, cheaper and less hassle in the long run.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:58:23 am by JDS_UK » Logged
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 06:44:48 pm »

because it's "NapoleonGrin

What like Seat ?   Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: