Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 02:02:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rickmeister - A Good trip back I Trust?  (Read 3319 times)
The Planman
CA Veteran

Fresh Orange Juice isn't fresh without Vodka

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2003, 02:26:55 pm »

Hi Rickmeister - Good to meet you with the 'SODS' this year.  I see by the forum you made it back safe and sound!

The boys from Team Crapaud have already started the discussions for next year and asking me to start a new plan!  I can't believe it's a week ago, oh well, next year will be here before you know it!

Have a good one Cheesy

The Planman
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 02:45:50 pm »

Cheers, great to meet the brains behind the oppo too! All that responsibility you have!!

Trip back was fine, no probs. Good stock up at Carrefour at Cite Europe too.

Wished I'd made it down to your DVD & Satellite palace to view the rugger on Sat a.m. - bad timing with warm-up and Legend events (damned inconsiderate!!).

I've yet to persuade the SODS to join the jollies of this forum, but one day maybe - fine bunch of chaps that they are. Always known to us as "The Fathers" because when we first met them in 1996, we were camped next to them on MB and it was when Father Ted was at its peak and all we could hear from the tent next to us was "drink, arse, feck, girls" and then these visions appeared donning instant vicar kits!! That was it and we haven't looked back since!

So as for the '04 plan, any ideas yet?
The Planman
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 03:20:48 pm »

We had no idea the Sky digital and DVD's were going to go down so well!  Getting a good supply of power seemed to be the key, so thanks to 'Club Vermont Racing (I think that was what they were called).  We did have a back up genny but she wasn't needed.

Next year could see a new main tent as old faithful is looking a little tried.  Some are talking of taking a motor home, one thing is for sure, we will have to meet over a couple of lemonades to discuss!

we made good time back to St Malo and by the sounds of it missed the speed traps (My Audi got to 135 mph before I bottled it).

If you see the SODS, ask 'em how Andy is from Team Crapaud!!  Grin Grin Grin  (Those who were there will understand!)

Planman
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 04:28:16 pm »

Cheers, will do!!

Not sure of our plans for '04 yet, depends on race dates.

I'll be there regardless, but just depends on which weekend it is as to what we do!! (Looooonnnngggg story!!)

Cheers

Rick
The Planman
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 04:33:33 pm »

I know what you mean about the dates - i'm getting grief about Fathers day.  I keep telling her I'll bring him along one year but at six (his age next year) I think he's a bit young.

Any way, tis but a year away !!

Have a good weekend, will probably post more on the forum next Friday when I'm picking my arse waiting for 5 o'clock  Cheesy

laters

Planman
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 04:42:21 pm »

Yep, my lad's about the same age.

Might have the whole family in tow next year if it's on the 12th/13th and hopefully renting a house. If it's the 19th/20th, it'll be MB as usual.

Number 23 for me next year!!  Shocked
The Planman
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 04:54:43 pm »

23!!!!!!!!!!

Chirst I'm a newbe at 8 !! Embarrassed  oh well, onwards and upwards..............

My last post I thourght it was 10 to 5 !!  Shite - just seen it's 10 to 4 !!!! A whole hour of work!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: