Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 08:38:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member  (Read 12520 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 08:42:18 pm »

Re-reading your first post, Freddy, are you talking two weeks' time or 13 months or so?

July 2008 alas, so, yes 13 months. Your avatar seems familiar. PH?
Right.  But I'm in disguise over there.  You should know then, that HA is unlikely to exist in '08 because for some reason the good burgers of LM think a footie stadium is more important than camping for the race. Nutters!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Freddie von Rost

Life is what you make of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 08:54:21 pm »

Re-reading your first post, Freddy, are you talking two weeks' time or 13 months or so?

July 2008 alas, so, yes 13 months. Your avatar seems familiar. PH?
Right.  But I'm in disguise over there.  You should know then, that HA is unlikely to exist in '08 because for some reason the good burgers of LM think a footie stadium is more important than camping for the race. Nutters!

Madness, utter madness. Let us hope that sanity will prevail allround. Considering how much the circuit has been mauled over the last thirty years this idea should come as no surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DulNn2tlTFs&NR

I wish, I wish, I wish.

Lick up the honey and ask no questions.

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 08:56:02 pm »

I didnt think HA was open for the classic anyway?  But I might be mistaken (as I was last time!!).

Might even do the classic myself next year depending on dates n work etc!!!  Smiley

F
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 10:59:25 am »

I started looking for a better ferry deal for next years classic last night, tiring of those pirates of the high seas aka Brittany Turpin and co.
We have 4 cars going so far- can't wait.
Have you been to the Classic before Fran?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 11:47:33 am »

Have you been to the Classic before Fran?

Not yet, I dithered last year and regretted missing it in the end! 

The timing is a bit awkward tho, being so close to LM24 and yet a bit too long to just stay over in France....not sure the boss would be too happy if I go out for Test Day and stay over till the end of the Classic!!!    Grin

F
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 02:16:35 pm »

Looking at last years modern/historic racing/rallying calendar I worked out it was possible to keep oneself busy from mid March through to late August every weekend without leaving central Europe. Makes Mrs Sconefinger's threats of divorce very appealing!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 05:46:17 pm »

I didnt think HA was open for the classic anyway?  But I might be mistaken (as I was last time!!).

Might even do the classic myself next year depending on dates n work etc!!!  Smiley

F

Last two Classic's MB was open. Last year due to demand they opened a second campsite IIRC it was Karting.

I think HA was being used by the car clubs, but not sure on that, definatly not a camping option for the Great Unwashed.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 12:18:24 am »

Freddie,

Many thanks for the track info.

At Thruxton about 8yrs ago I fell in love with the C Type when viewing a relica. Depending on spec' prices for original type suspension and almost faithfull copy of everything else was £70k. Judging by the build quality it would be the best 70k I could of spent EXCEPT I didn't have that much  Undecided.

If I did, erindorz angel would have castrated me!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it in 08, and can I bag a ride? I'll some fuel in either you or the green machine.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Freddie von Rost

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 10:34:52 pm »

Freddie,

Many thanks for the track info.

At Thruxton about 8yrs ago I fell in love with the C Type when viewing a relica. Depending on spec' prices for original type suspension and almost faithfull copy of everything else was £70k. Judging by the build quality it would be the best 70k I could of spent EXCEPT I didn't have that much  Undecided.

If I did, erindorz angel would have castrated me!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it in 08, and can I bag a ride? I'll some fuel in either you or the green machine.

Jerry

Evening Jerry,

Yes, you can easily to spend 100 - 150k if you want to travel down the FIA, I am really anal about period details or you can do what I am doing, which is to go with a heritage replica. Even with a serious 4.2, triple weber, road race tune engine, a decent five speed box, battery cut out and fire extinguisher system you would be hard pressed to shell out more than 45 big ones.

No problem about the ride at CLM. You will have to wear a pink carnation on Saturday in the shampoo bar so I can recognise you  Grin

mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 10:43:51 pm »

I have to say,stunning car mate. Bet your engine sounds amazing with the webbers. Just watched your vid on you tube,the old cars sound fantastic.

mike

They have lumps of what round the back???
Freddie von Rost

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 10:49:53 pm »

I have to say,stunning car mate. Bet your engine sounds amazing with the webbers. Just watched your vid on you tube,the old cars sound fantastic.

mike

Its on SVA exhausts at the moment but, subject to approval, will be fitted with race pipes. 105db and counting!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: