Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 10:21:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top Gear?  (Read 13735 times)
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 06:07:09 pm »

I thought they'd had it in that petrol station.
I don't think they're going to put the Hamsters life at risk so soon.  And did you really think they eat barbequed squirrel and rotten cow.  Its all scripted.  Its Corrie with cars

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
nickliv
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 07:09:44 pm »

I think it was filmed pre accident, but I know what you mean.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 09:17:36 am »

Its all scripted.  Its Corrie with cars
[/quote]

Millions love Corrie...
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 10:41:17 am »

nowt wrong with top gear in my opinion. In fact its 1 of only 2 shows i will religiously watc each week and am gutted if i miss. t'other being Prison Break.

TG though, very funny, this weeks was great, one of those trips you always fancy doing yourself, in fact it set me mind to thinking of this years LM trip what with me in the Humber (now working except for my dashboard lights!!), my mate in his old lancia, and another in a subaru svx he bought for £100. Don't think i will be writing man love messages on the humber though, but after a few days of Bleu dust our cars are usually adorned with a wide array of cocks so similar i guess.

Buck Bundy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 10:35:31 pm »

its just not like it used to be........

Yeah, I realy miss William Woolard.

Yeah Right! Roll Eyes

Buck
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 01:13:24 am »

i think its great. TG rip's it out of everyone and the 3 lads on the screen are petrol heads. they love cars, have a laugh, cock around and give us a chance to watch people do what we would love to do ??

5th gear has vbh . . . .  Tongue

Take life by the horns and live it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 10:15:25 am »

its just not like it used to be........

Yeah, I realy miss William Woolard.

Yeah Right! Roll Eyes

Buck
Bring back Tony Mason, I say... Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 11:00:48 am »

It's only a bit of fun at the end of the day with a few added cars to look at. Who didn't watch used to watch non car programs just to see the cars / car chases however ridiculous they were ie The Sweeney, Starsky and Hutch even The Dukes of Hazzard just for a laugh???

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 04:16:51 pm »

On the current episode with them driving cars to New Orleans, didn't they call in at Sebring on route. I only saw the end credits, but it looked like Sebring to me. Going to try and catch the rerun either tonight or tomorrow. (Need to check the TV guide)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 04:22:33 pm »

On the current episode with them driving cars to New Orleans, didn't they call in at Sebring on route. I only saw the end credits, but it looked like Sebring to me. Going to try and catch the rerun either tonight or tomorrow. (Need to check the TV guide)

Remind me to get you a white stick Chris.

It was Moroso Motorsports Park http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/Newsite/Default.asp

Steve East Anglian cobras

nickliv
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 04:28:49 pm »

Tomorrow night 7 pm bbc3
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 01:15:54 am »

Remind me to get you a white stick Chris.

It was Moroso Motorsports Park http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/Newsite/Default.asp

Hey Steve , as I said, I only saw a brief second or so during the end credits and saw a curb and a bridge in the back ground and since they were driving from Florida i put 2 and 2 together and came back with 5.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2007, 09:04:06 am »

I realised I'd missed this but good old NTL (Virgin Media now) has an on-demand button for stuff you might have missed, and it was there. Very enjoyable.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 10:30:18 am »

But the Hugh Grant bit was mainly about cars, and I thought it was quite good.  Admitedly they had to promote his new film however that will attract women won't it, and women are important to Top Gear.  Hence the need to have a mixed party to get tickets to the show 
Have to admit a vested interest: my ticket came up and was at the filming for the Hugh Grant/Veyron episode (which also included filming the top/tail for the USA one as well as Simon Pegg for tomorrow night). Yes it is scripted, yes the recording is part of the performance, yes it can be seen as a JC fan club event. I have to say I admire his balls for a contract that means he lights up on stage between scenes. And while the mixed group thing is a big deal up front, on the day there is no enforcement. Was at the filming with daughter #1 (who could touch Hugh Grant's L shoulder) and whose pic with the Hamster got her a few rounds in the uni pub. The overall interview with Hugh Grant was much longer and in general bloody funny - a perfect example (IMHO) of men behaving badly. Simon Pegg was far less impressive in real life - I am sure the edited version will hide the ums and ahs but will probably not be much longer than the clip they have from hot fuzz.

I thought the safety video with the train was lame: while it may crop up later I figure it needs the voice-over re-done.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: