Club Arnage
October 08, 2024, 04:11:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: le mans 2007  (Read 4547 times)
kamiga

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2007, 09:39:01 am »

Hi everyone

I’m fairly new to the forum and I’m seriously thinking about going to le mans this summer. The sad part is I don’t own a car and therefore don’t know how to sort out the trip. Does anyone know of any group of people going that I can tag along?

cheers
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:53:24 am »

Hi and welcome to the madhouse  Grin

If you're in the UK there are lots of coach trips that go out to LM, they are often a good starting point if you've not been before. 

Check out MRI, Page & Moy, Just Tickets - I'd guess there are others.   Some go just for the race weekend, others go for longer I think.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:03:23 am »

I'm sure there will be plenty of advice and help from the kind people here - whereabouts will you be travelling from?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 10:23:36 am »

I did this by Page & Moy coach the first time - knackering but gave me a taster!  There's at least one newbie travelling from Canada who is coming by Eurostar from London to LM then camping - that's one way to do it. IMHO it's more relaxing than the coach!  You can buy camping equipment here in LM very cheaply and leave it behind, or bring lightweight stuff with you.
As a first step, take a long look at Werner's excellent guide (you'll find the "work in progress" here
http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/caguide2007/c11-thecampsites.pdf ).  Once you get here, just come and join us - you'll be assured of a good welcome.  There may be others on here with a space in their car (I'd be no good to you as I live in the Sarthe!) but they'd probably want to know where you need a lift from, as Smokie says.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 04:03:39 pm »

Commit to going - you won't regret it at all. 

With or without a car you have a few options:

1 - Keep watching and posting on the forum, join in the fun, learn about the various quirks about Le Mans, getting there and what to do when there.  You'll get to know people better and vice versa.  Then you can make your own way there and meet up with people, or take up a spare seat if one is offered.

2 - Go for the organised coach tour, then it's all sorted and you just follow the crowd.

As Termie says, camping kit is not a problem if you are bringing your own stuff, as all the major supermarkets stock plenty of it during race week.

The choice, as they say, is yours......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 04:29:58 pm »

For a significant sum of money there is also the choice of flying, although unless its charter you'll need to go via Paris.

Otherwise train.  Last year my wife come over by train and it worked well and wasn't expensive. 
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:34:53 pm »

Hi Kamiga

For my first 3 years I flew to Charles de Gaulle airport and took the TGV to Le Mans, a bus then walk to the campsite.
More details are in the guide c10
http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/

stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: