Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 08:26:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swiss Spirit Audi  (Read 2351 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2007, 07:46:12 pm »

Swiss Spirit, now run by Fred Stadler since Serge Saulnier left has secured the rights to Run Audi's V8 FSI engine in its Lola B07/10 for the LMs.

The team has also applied for an entry into Le Mans.

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3114&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Has a mock up of the car.

Is this a spoiler for the Pug effort in the LMs?

If it is then maybe the driver strengh could be lacking, Jean-Denis Deletraz, the guy behind swiss sprit, and Marcel Fassler while ok are unlikey to be quite up there. Maybe Audi will throw in a driver to help 'devlop' the car as well st some point.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:11:30 am »

Found some more about this on a german sportscar webiste: They seem to have an exclusive 3-year-deal (!) with Audi for this engine. Speculation is that Audi wants to proof that you still can win with a gasoline engine - Does that make sense Huh

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 09:14:39 am »

a bit of back up... and flood the field with cars... more team audi corporate mini villages, and a good chance of winning with either car.. if you got it, flaunt it Wink (more like rub their noses in it!!)

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 06:14:01 pm »

Found some more about this on a german sportscar webiste: They seem to have an exclusive 3-year-deal (!) with Audi for this engine. Speculation is that Audi wants to proof that you still can win with a gasoline engine - Does that make sense Huh

I think it adds weight to the idea that Audi won't be running an R10 this year at least in Europe.

If this car is able to beat the Pug then I am sure Audi will make to most of that.

It won't have passed Audi by that it may be useful to have a quick audi petrol powered car when the cries of unfair advantage are made about the R10 and 908.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: