Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 03:55:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In The Lap Of The Gods  (Read 11223 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 10:00:53 am »

I only said I was going to watch a DVD for crying out loud.
This forum gets more cliquey every time I dip back in. It's not for me anymore. Goodbye everyone.
Steve
Yeah, this thread has got seriously off topic (for a change!) but do forgive 'em Steve, it is the off season after all.
Amazon finally sent off my copy of the DVD today so with Anglo-French snail mail in operation, I guess I should get it in time for Christmas.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2006, 01:29:05 pm »

Oh!! Steve!! Now look what you lot have done!! police

Tricky one, this.  Kind of echoes the issues a few weeks back when the "kids" were being flamed.

The other forum I moderate on would immediately stop any off topic chit chat. The rules are that it is a motoring forum and not a playground for everybody. Having said that, in the last couple of weeks it has lost a couple of established members, one due to "excessive mdoerating" and the other due to him getting fed up with the sniping and backbiting. We can't win there...

However those aren't the rules here, and shouldn't be, either. As Termie says, it's off season. If we restricted chat to just Le Mans, what a dull time it would be. And, for me, this thread was really quite entertaining and to some degree educational, despite being way OT.

I really really hope Steve will be back, as he goes back a long long time, to the previous format forum IIRC, and as well as being welcoming to new members we must be careful not to alienate existing ones. I'm not really sure why Steve took offence, there was nothing particularly exclusive or offensive about any cliqueyness in this thread, for us regulars it was just a regular hijack...

Still, please take note of what happened here and let's collectively take care that CA doesn't end up with a reputation for cliqueyness.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 03:11:25 pm »

I really cant see the problem here for Steve. I kept out of this 'cos I was enjoying it. Tomcats on minicarriers and the obsoletenessness of same. Blarry mah'vellous. Naval types (and Merchants) against jet jockeys in Brylcreem.

Like conversations between my bro' in law and his son, down the pub.

In fact the thread was just like a natter in the pub, so informative too.

Had many of us realised that you need high presssure steam to keep it flowing?

I know I hadn't.

Bring it on, there is so much sense within the esoterics on this forum which makes it one of the best in cyberspace.

Feels like home to me.

And we also have our ladies to keep us civilised, mahvellous!

Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 08:07:47 pm »

Civilised, Perdu?  Not normally associated with me!  Personally I love the chit-chat (although the esoteric stuff goes way over my head at times, but hell, I can just read another post). As you say, it's like an evening in the pub which is something I miss. Pity when people leave, though

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 09:53:28 am »

No offence intended to anyone at any point.  Please Please don't take it too seriously and ban it. Cry  One of the greatest joys of this forum is that the bundle of people who make it up have a common underlying intrerest in Le Mans and motorsport, as well as being interested in other stuff, and are allowed to chit-chat and banter as well.   Some of the threads stay on topic (mostly), some creep off topic and some just plunge straight off at a wild tangent.   Top hole jolly banter is all that it is and, if it gives a modicum of pleasure and enlightenment, then surely it must be a good thing too.    Grin Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2006, 11:07:42 am »

Please Please don't take it too seriously and ban it. Cry 
MG Mark

Mark, if the banter were to banned, what would happen to this site?  Most, a good 80% is either off topic or nothing to do with motor racing in any case.  To prove the point just look at the stats page, the top ten subjects have NOTHING to do with LM, as we all know the top subject is about a Commer campervan!!  AND long may it be so Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2006, 11:25:39 am »

Sadly, if he has gone off in a huff, Steve is missing all this.  What else do you do in the winter but chat off topic 'cos it's not June yet? (Sorry, March - how could I forget Sebring?)

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2006, 06:28:09 pm »

Sorry folks, have come to my senses. Have to admit that when i said bye I was completely ratarsed. Still, I usually am when I'm on this forum!
Enjoyed the DVD though.........
See you all in June as I won't be able to go to the CA Cristmas piss up after I disgraced myself last weekend in Dover Street. Apparently (according to she who must be obeyed) I was dacing like a complete pratt and ogling other women.
Always the same Steve........................

I tested negative for patience.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2006, 06:33:20 pm »

Sorry folks, have come to my senses. Have to admit that when i said bye I was completely ratarsed. Still, I usually am when I'm on this forum!
See you all in June as I won't be able to go to the CA Cristmas piss up after I disgraced myself last weekend in Dover Street. Apparently (according to she who must be obeyed) I was dacing like a complete pratt and ogling other women.
Do you need to get ratted to ogle women? - a rare chap indeed!
Glad you've got un-huffed. Smiley

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 12:14:13 am »

Do you need to get ratted to ogle women? - a rare chap indeed!
Glad you've got un-huffed. Smiley

hear hear! Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2006, 06:57:08 pm »

Glad you've got un-huffed. 

Seconded!  Bally top hole gen.  Sounds like Dover Street was a bit of a hairy show though, with a high potential prang factor.  And in the company of SWMBO.  Did any of it involve poles though?   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2006, 01:59:39 pm »

Bravo 2 (Sky 123) is showing "The lap of the Gods" for one hour on Saturday 4pm, with a repeat at 11.00 on Sunday and various other times I expect.

I have just watched the noon showing and its good. Quite easy to see why Short was pretty keen to be rid of the Radical at the the end! 

Looking forward to the 2nd part
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 04:53:19 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2006, 03:17:40 pm »

I'll keep out of the politics... Roll Eyes

I watched most of the first part of this today, it was good.  A nice insight into the background of getting to a race.

Anyone know when the second part is being shown?
keithk
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 01:07:57 pm »

And they used my picture of Martin spaying Champagne in 99 or 98 when he won at Spa...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: