Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 12:37:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed from USA member with Ebay problem  (Read 3798 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:33:41 pm »

Hello,
I am hoping that one of our US based members may be able to help me out with an Ebay problem.

I wish to bid on a 1/18th scale GMP die cast sprint car kit that I deserately need for parts in order to finish building a scratch built stock car model I am making. I need the front wheels basically.

This kits are pretty rare and don't come up for sale all that often and i am screwed with out it.

The seller will only sell to USA customers due to the weight of the item. I contacted him to see if he would accept my bids and post the items to someone in the USA for me, that i would see at Sebring in March, but he has declined to accept my bids, stating thats it would be a breach of Ebay / pay pal rules. His responce is below.

"Hello Chris, It is with deepest regrets that I must decline your most generous offer...This is a clear violation of eBay rules & Paypal rules...if you pay with Paypal and item is sent to a Third Party ...then Paypal will do a CHARGE BACK to my Paypal account and I will be out this Model Kit and all the money....Since I don't want to become a victim of Fraud or have Paypal do a charge back on my Paypal Account...I am asking you nicely not to bid on my auction, Thank you in advance for your consideration, Fred "

So can somebody help me out and bid on the item for me, pay for it and bring the item to Sebring. I will then of course re emburse the full costs back to you after the auction via pay pal.

I would however need the two sets of front wheels from the kit to be posted to me though, again, all costs would be paid back to you by me.

So please can somebody help me out here. The auction ends on the 8th November.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140047877457&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

Please contact me if you can help.

Thanks
Regards
Chris

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:30:56 pm »

Chris - can't help with the being in the USA bit and I know its 1/18th, but have you tried the likes of Hobbylink Japan, Grand Prix Models etc?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:54:40 pm »

What a BoB (bunch of bollocks). Angry

Can you ask the guy if he accepts an American address from a foreign bidder? In that case you can send it to my wife who works for the US Army here in Rotterdam, which actually is a US Postal adress. One of the English lads will probably be happy to pick it up for you from Rotterdam during the meeting and take it to the UK for you to pick it up.
Easy enough? Smiley
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:56:16 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:08:25 pm »

I think you will find its not about the US/UK address, its about sending the goods to an address that isnt the registered address for the paypal account.  Its all about fraud protection.

F
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:37:11 pm »

Chris - can't help with the being in the USA bit and I know its 1/18th, but have you tried the likes of Hobbylink Japan, Grand Prix Models etc?

MG Mark
Not much chance of finding one of these in the shops apart from on ebay. Not many were made and buckleys chance of getting one in the UK or Japan.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:44:19 pm »

The seller will only sell to USA customers due to the weight of the item. I contacted him to see if he would accept my bids and post the items to someone in the USA for me, that i would see at Sebring in March, but he has declined to accept my bids, stating thats it would be a breach of Ebay / pay pal rules.
Reading this again, it occurs to me that he doesn't want it to leave the USA.

Postage can be adjusted with PP, you DON'T need registered addresses to get your money from PayPal.

Some people are just weird on the internet, or have weird experiences. But who would get weird experiences by selling Modell Cars? Huh

As far as I'm concerned PayPal is money is hand. There are extra costs to PP, but you can calculate that. It's up to the buyer how to have it sent. Why do these people act so difficult? Money is money, or am I stupid?

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 11:18:23 pm »

You're not stupid but you are a (say this in your best Dutch accent for effect - not you Paddy as you're Dutch already  Roll Eyes ) CRAZY DUTCH MAN

Can't wait until Rotterdam

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 11:23:44 pm »

Private email sent to Chris.

I'm all over this for him.

Now I don't want to get into any bidding wars with the rest of you.

-Lee

Grin
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 12:28:44 am »

Thanks Lee.

Lee has already put a bid in on the item for me.

Regards
Chris
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 03:22:13 pm »

Great stuff, Lee Cool

Drinking for Holland
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 04:49:53 pm »

Seems like the guy is a bit of an arse because on other things he has sold he states that 'he will ship anywhere in the free world' perhaps he just means the US as being free!!!??

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santι , ΰ consommer avec modιration
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 05:51:35 pm »

maybe its like the Worlds series, where Worlds was the sponsor?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: