Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 07:26:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Hindy  (Read 7198 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 06:06:35 pm »

I will do Sebring 06 but I really fancy Europe with a bit of a drive.

Anything from GAB, Pieter, DFH?

>Martini

http://www.grandprixhistorique.com/index_uk.htm

How about a trip to Pau? Its a lovely part of france, an as yet unspolit street track and some wonderful classic cars. They also race modern cars as well, a round of the Brit Gts took pace there this year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 07:42:34 pm »

I will do Sebring 06 but I really fancy Europe with a bit of a drive.

Anything from GAB, Pieter, DFH?

>Martini

http://www.grandprixhistorique.com/index_uk.htm

How about a trip to Pau? Its a lovely part of france, an as yet unspolit street track and some wonderful classic cars. They also race modern cars as well, a round of the Brit Gts took pace there this year.

Looks good, I like the old style posters

Unfortunately too close to the early family hols in Greece.

One day perhaps

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:28 am »

Martin,

I am planning on being at Sebring in 2007, that you can count on. As for Petit LM, it`s on my "to do" list. As soon as I can afford it then I will be there, can`t see it for 2007 but maybe 2008 or 2009. It`s possible that I may take a break from LM in 2007, tickets are requested but could possibly stay away from France next year.
Hi GAB,
           What has France done to upset you Huh Roll Eyes or was it somethig we said Shocked
Canada Phil
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 05:19:06 pm »

Phil,

Nothing done or said just a matter of finances. Don`t fret, I`ve thought about taking an LM break for the last 7 or 8 years but it has never happened...probably not next year either.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 05:57:22 pm »

....could possibly stay away from France next year.

Hey guys, that's desertion... Grin Ok, understood. I'm also seriously thinking about Sebring 2007, but not as a replacement for "the big one", I'll be in France next year definitely. Does anyone know when the definite ALMS 2007 schedule with the Sebring date will be available? The earlier I can book a flight, the cheaper it might be
Just had a quick look at BA and Virgin and they both seem to be quite expensive at the moment at around £950 for 2 adults, (13th March to 20th March). It might be worth waiting a bit, I understand they start out at "list" early on, the drop about 6 to 4 months before and then start to creep up depending on demand, with some last minute cheap deals if your lucky - I think the guys paid about £300 return last year, obviously you'll be going from germany and it maybe different.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:03:47 pm by Ian.. » Logged
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 06:00:20 pm »

In 2005 gab flew BA from Munich to Heathrow where I met him and we flew together on BA to Miami.

IIRC his flight was well less than €400 all in (< £300) whereas mine was about £300.

I usually book around Xmas, BA generally have a sale then. Not that the sales save an awful lot, unless you are lucky. This year Virgin were cheapest but not by much.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 06:34:58 pm »

its cheaper to fly from Europe inc the feeder flight from here!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: