Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:59:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Photos ....  (Read 10367 times)
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 11:45:19 am »

you see this is what happens when the "technical" people get themselves involved Wink  Smokie, the big boys play with Cf cards, the advert is for a SD card. Shocked
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 11:49:07 am »

Oh, OK. Sowwy...  Undecided
rcutler
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 11:50:39 am »

This is the one:-

Compact Flash is not cheap but seems the most popular. Do both Canon and Nikon use Compact Flash?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007QU6Y2/202-0104972-7499079?v=glance&n=560798&s=electronics&v=glance
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 11:54:47 am »

This is the one:-

Compact Flash is not cheap but seems the most popular. Do both Canon and Nikon use Compact Flash?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007QU6Y2/202-0104972-7499079?v=glance&n=560798&s=electronics&v=glance

iits a depends answer Rick, yes they do and no they don't, it depends on the Camera, not the manufacturer.  The DSLR's almost certainly all use CF, whereas the compact cameras and point and shoot use SD, in the main.  Lets hope you can use the full potential of an Extreme 111 card?
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 12:03:16 pm »

Guys,

It's not often I complain which I appreciate is a bit of an oddity for a female, but when I see a thread about photos I want to see photos and not read about what sodding camera / flash gun / memory cards you use.   Angry

Rant off

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:50 pm »

Guys,

It's not often I complain which I appreciate is a bit of an oddity for a female, but when I see a thread about photos I want to see photos and not read about what sodding camera / flash gun / memory cards you use.   Angry

Rant off
Yeah, but the quality of the pics you're going to see depends to some extent on the quality of the equipment!  Rename the thread?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 12:31:20 pm »

Yeah, but the quality of the pics you're going to see depends to some extent on the quality of the equipment!  Rename the thread?

Fair point Deb.   Smiley

Although I have to say that if someone were to give me a top of the range camera with all the bells and whistles I'd still end up with photos that consisted of either the front or rear half of a car.  Just rubbish at taking photos at the end of the day.   Roll Eyes

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 12:33:12 pm »

Here ya go then Doris  Grin

And referring back to techie posts, this was taken with a Canon EOS 20D with Canon 35-350 at full tilt down at the entrance to the Porsche curves (where Rick's piccies were taken too!).

Still sifting thru all the fotos so will post some more over the next few days.....

* IMG_1714.jpg (162.35 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 335 times.)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 12:34:38 pm »

And just to keep you happy, see http://www.flickr.com/photos/97986095@N00/  More to come too, I hope - just have to sift through 1200 pics first!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 03:54:19 pm »

I'm afraid cameras leave me cold too Doris. Obviously I like the results they get (for other people) but I couldn't care less about where the eff stop is located. Cameras are like computer hardware Sad; they perform a useful job but they're just not exiting in the same way as cars, planes, boats, space rockets and other things with big noisy whizzy roundy bits and bobs.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 11:28:49 pm »

See the red, yellow and green car in the background of Rick's shot? - That's what most of mine come out like - unless it's at Le Mans, where a large expanse of grey concrete, topped with razor-wire is usually the main subject matter.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 12:43:27 am »

If you want to play with my canon, please feel free to give me a buzz.

Now there's an offer!!  Wink
keithk
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 08:00:06 am »

A few images from the weekend

If there is anything specific your looking for contact me and I will see what I have

http://www.gtphotosport.com/lmclassic06/index.html

and some more

http://www.pbase.com/smarjoram/lmclassic2006
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 02:26:20 pm »

And just to keep you happy, see http://www.flickr.com/photos/97986095@N00/  More to come too, I hope - just have to sift through 1200 pics first!
Right, that's the lot.  Will get around to captioning them in due course!

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 06:22:09 pm »

More pics - this time from Mr Termite - on this site.
Faster lens, better pictures... OK I'll shut up about this.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: