Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 02:15:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USGP this weekend.  (Read 15203 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2006, 04:43:33 pm »

Yes Bob, when James Allen speaks, you better listen. He's "The Voice" of F1 (a voice like a cat on ketamine more like) What a load of crap it all was anyway, although the two crashes were pretty spectacular and I was pleased nobody got hurt. The Fishy/Alonso overtake was because Fishy had a lighter fuel load so Alonso lifted on the straight (or straightaway as James Allen calls it) to let him go by.

And to think they're up in arms at John Motson's hopeless performance at the World Cup... Roll Eyes

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2006, 04:48:54 pm »

Steve,
I'm not sure where the 120,000 were, perhaps cleverly disguised as empty seats Wink  "Thrillingly it got much more than that"Huh WTF race was he watching?!
I saw perhaps 40,000 people at best, most of them South American or Japanese.
Fax
Fax
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2006, 05:13:32 pm »

I was being generous.  I said twelve, but there were only only nine cars running at the finish... Thrill a minute stuff there! Roll Eyes
Fax
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2006, 08:05:12 pm »

The Fishy/Alonso overtake was because Fishy had a lighter fuel load so Alonso lifted on the straight (or straightaway as James Allen calls it) to let him go by.

I didn't say there was anything competitive about it  Wink
Fax
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2006, 08:14:45 pm »

Good Grief!
Got word form a friend who's "very close" to the F1 community that they (being Dwarf and Dumb-Ass)
are close to a new contract to run this fiasco for another five years.  They're saying they had somewhere around 100,000 punters over there yesterday.  I would love to know where they were.  We were up in turn 13 (turn 1 of the oval) and I could have erected an inflatable swimming pool up there we had so much empty room around us.  There was a decent crowd down in turn 1 and in the infield bleachers and hillsides, but along the pit straight it was deserted except for the usual obnoxious drunk-ass Columbians up in the upper deck (they went quiet rather quickly though Grin)  The two massive stands exiting the infield section onto the oval (in the short chute between turns one & two of the oval) were completley closed.
Fax
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2006, 09:03:54 pm »

Sarcasm mode on:

Fax you must have been at a different race..
The London Times reporter saw it this way...

The future of Formula One in the United States depended at the very least on a professional showing here — although, thrillingly, it got much more than that — while the title race required a 37-year-old German victor to keep it alive and kicking for a few weeks more.

Step forward Schumacher. A consummate display at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, abetted by the canniness of Felipe Massa, his Ferrari team-mate, who made it a memorable one-two for the Scuderia, will have appeased the natives, who were all but ready to turn their backs on the sport after last year’s US Grand Prix descended into farce

Scott Speed, the only American driver in the field who suffered an early exit, had hailed Formula One as “the pinnacle of motor sports”, but while many of his countrymen would disagree, the 120,000 who populated this vast expanse of concrete and steel seemed happy to consign last year’s shambles to memory and enjoy the day.

Certainly, the sight of Americans turning up en masse will have done much to convince Bernie Ecclestone, Formula One’s paymaster, and Tony George, the Speedway’s owner, that the sport has a future in the US as they prepare to thrash out a new contract in the coming days.

Agreed Steve,
What aload of FB.
Talk about trying to talk up crap, James Allen is a master(bater) at it!! managed to stay awake for the first crash, just feel sorry for the sport and all who rely on it for a living.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2006, 11:07:06 pm »

I think they got the figure of over 100,000 from the few people who were there were lying down asleep, and therefore took up 100,000 seats.
I also thought it funny the dwarf saying F1 does not need a USA GP, but the teams calling for 2 races.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2006, 02:02:56 pm »

I am nothing to do with these guy's but a company called N138 make a brilliant STOP THE COCK T shirt, wich alludes to a certain Mr Allen.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2006, 02:21:31 pm »

a company called N138 make a brilliant STOP THE COCK T shirt, wich alludes to a certain Mr Allen.

You can get their stuff through the planetlemans website -  they have some other nice t-shirts too - was checking em out only yesterday  Grin 
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2006, 05:25:24 pm »

a company called N138 make a brilliant STOP THE COCK T shirt, wich alludes to a certain Mr Allen.

You can get their stuff through the planetlemans website -  they have some other nice t-shirts too - was checking em out only yesterday  Grin 

Also available via the brilliant www.sniffpetrol.com (who started the 'Stop The Cock' campaign).

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2006, 06:30:05 pm »

Good quality t-shirts too, v. heavy-duty cotton. www.n138.net
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 06:33:08 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: