Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 09:31:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polite Brits  (Read 2751 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2006, 03:13:05 pm »

Just thought I should pass on a comment from a French mate whom I had dinner with last night.  He was working on the entrance to the Blanc car park and said all the Brits were really polite and friendly - all said hello or waved when they came in.  A big "bonjour et merci" from Wilfried. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 05:07:28 pm »

I commented to my other half how polite and friendly the girls working the ice cream stands were.  You'd be lucky to get a grunt out of someone working a similar role this side of the channel.
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 06:16:05 pm »

there as a very nice couple of girls working in the village creperie..  very polite and willing to have their pics taken too (too appease a dirty old man)!
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 02:12:45 am »

Did you get a grunt though ?

The Brethren Rock
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 03:13:43 am »

Having planned for Maison Blanche for the second year running, we had a bit of a scare as the official rules of the ACO doesn't allow trucks and coaches on campsites "officially". I mailed the girls at ACO, and they basically told me to "deal with the people at the gate". So as I turned up with my 20 tonner, I just opened the window and shouted "Bonjour, ca va?". The guy looked at me, then looked at the lorry - and just started laughing. He must have thought something about those weird Dutch. We were let in with no problems whatsoever.

Once inside I found an artic was parked up next to us too, so I don't know why they give grief on the website but apparently (and luckily)do not instruct their men at doors.

I found the ACO a lot friendlyer this year, no moaning about space whatsoever - even though we had nearly 30 tickets between TeamJPC, DellBoy and ourselves, so they couldn't do anything anyway Grin

But yes, I agree. Polite Britons are go! Cool

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: