Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 07:22:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free water at tollbooths  (Read 2662 times)
nickliv
« on: June 23, 2006, 09:21:46 am »

Well, probably not free, but given away for the price of the peage toll. We thought it was absolutely marvellous. (Doesnt take much I grant you)

And it was cold. The coldest thing I had on SUnday afteroon anyway.

Imagine my dismay when I got to Dartford and received only a grunt and a go in the tunnel for my quid.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:27:37 am »

A thoughtful touch that one at the Rouen peage - just before you hit the traffic jam a km or so on the other side of the peage......   Mind you, the end of the jam was a km or two short of the junction for the alternative route down through the riverside, which was clear of all traffic and we whistled through Rouen and out the other side in about 15 minutes.   In an overheating MGA, that was joy indeed.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Papa Lazarou

Driving slowly to make you all look faster...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:23:19 pm »

I got plenty of free water at the toll-booth on the M50 round Dublin on the way home.  Mind you, I was in an aero-screened Westfield in the pissing rain!   Embarrassed

DOH!

vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 01:50:36 pm »

yes teh free water was nice, a great touch keot us watered for the rouen entrance jam. Mind you there were much finer ladies in that jam than the M25 jam i hit on friday night on the way out.

4 hours from wokingham to dover and nothing but suits all around. French jam choc full of french lovelies driving twingos and the like. If they had been in BMW z1's it would have been prime 24arse territory.

wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 10:42:34 pm »

We went trrough the tolls in convoy.Humpty and Dumpty in an Audi A8 and Nopanic were given bottles of water in their air condition cars and us in the Ducato were offered nought...........but were were charged at the car rate and not van so saved 13 euro's on the toll compared with 28 on the way down......result Cool
grumpy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 02:07:32 am »

Wouldn't know about the queues at rouen.  Having spent two hours breaking in to my car to get the keys out the boot the queue had long gone by the time we got there!

Many thanks to anyone who helped.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 09:11:38 am »

Having spent two hours breaking in to my car to get the keys out the boot

Yeah, that's about how long it takes on a Chrysler Sebring too...could have been longer without Rick's help  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: