Club Arnage
June 29, 2024, 09:35:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Message from Houx  (Read 5380 times)
Fletch
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2003, 01:28:08 pm »

Hello Everyone.

Arrived on Houx Yesterday. A friend has brought a Inmarsat BGan satellite thingy and laptop which means I can be on the internet in the middle of a field.Good eh!
Got call from P&O Sunday to tell me our crossing from Porstmouth 0715 had been cancelled due to strike action in France. So changed to overnight crossing Mon with cabins. Get to port and find they have only allocated one and no more available, then they couldn't accept credit cards cos machine broke, revert to cash. Got on boat and they found us 2nd cabin, oh where did that come from? bonus, didn't charge us for 2nd one. P&O about as disorganised as ACO. Got to camp site and they tried to put in back of beyond and we specifically asked for power when we booked a year ago. So then they move us next to  a toilet block, ok I suppose. 3hrs spent setting up, then we get visit from site staff telling us we are in wrong place and must move back or they will get Police. After long negotiation with nice English speaking lady, managed to stay where we are but had to pay more money, wonder where that went? Also brought wrong poles for our frame tent which looks a bit saggy, but at least all the fridges are working and the beer is nice and cold!!
If you are on your way to Houx feel free to drop in for a cold beer. We are by the toilet/shower block on the left hand side about 150m from entrance, England flag on frame tent near to pitch 280.

Best wishes to all, have a good one.

Paul,Paul,Elaine,Andy, Trev and Richard & Lee just arrived more to follow.
Milky24
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 12:23:15 pm »

Ive got a ticket in Houx but not going to arrive til saturday morning. Hows it looking?
Fletch
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 02:29:15 pm »

It's looking OK. Considering it's supposed to be sold out it is very quiet compared to past years.Perhaps everyone else is coming over with you? Make sure you have race ticket with you as they won't let you in the site, not sure why. Pop in for a beer, you'll probably need one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: