Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 09:00:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed Ferries, how strict?  (Read 2451 times)
steveaich

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2006, 11:50:53 am »

Anyone any experience of how strict speed ferries are about passenger names and car registrations etc? In their T+C's you can't chnage both the lead passenger and the car reg, which is causing us a bit of bother. Will we be able to just change the lead passenger beforehand and then blag the reg being different when we arrive?
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 11:56:09 am »

As posted in another thread, but applies here too.

We got away with this last year.

Someone dropped out, so another guy took the ticket, called Speed ferries to advise a change to the car details, add himself as a named passenger, but left the lead name the same.

On the day of travel, he arrived at Dover and said the person who was the lead name was sick and couldn't travel. "On you go sir, sorry about your friend"

No problems

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 12:29:02 pm »

We used Speed Ferry (ies) last year and when I booked I didn't include the roofbox.  I spent hours on the phone trying to get through to them to amend the booking and then in the end just turned up.  There was no problem at all they just put us on the boat so I imagine they will be OK about it. 
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 12:56:22 pm »

as far as i know they are pretty lax when you turn up, specially as they are so small and only have 3 staff they probably can't be bothered with the paperwork sorting out something this minor.

Saying that though, my xing was booked with 2 passengers neither right, my old cars reg and i just phoned up to pay the outstanding £25 and change these things while i was there, got a bit involved so checked out the web site mid discussion and the same xing, 9.10pm on the 16th was now £19 so i said forget it and bought the new cheap one on line. Saved £6 and a discussion. Bonus! Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: