Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 08:17:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone take a helicopter flight last year  (Read 6645 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 06:50:29 pm »

I'm afraid I'm still a turbo virgin Andy, my wastegate has yet to be blown. I went for the Legacy, I know - age and all that, but don't forget I need that room for hitchhikers and rolled up carpets. I ticked every box I could find though, and it's a lot of fun to drive. Which is more than I can say for most Audis, which rank pretty high on my Hit Parade of boring drives.
Talking about still getting a thrill when the chopper goes up, it sounds like you may have had the same Audi git we had. I can still see him now, sneering down his multilingual nose and spitting Swiss? Dutch? English? at us. After he gave us the big finger we watched the Chopper take off with two empty seats, - now what exactly was the point of that???
I never let the twats out of junctions now....
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 06:58:37 pm »

The Lego's a great car H, was nearly tempted with the 3 litre estate myself. I'd take it over a bog standard 3 series every time. The A4 does not even show up on my radar. Can anyone name an Audi built in the last five years that has decent ride quality? I wouldn't mind the bone-jarring ride but they're not overly keen on going round corners either. And the four-pot engine is crap. And the aspirational bastards who drive them tail-gate you on the motorway. And and and...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 09:58:56 pm »

Hey, it's CA's very own grumpy old men  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 10:26:21 am »

Ooh, forgotten about the heli flights!

Given that it's my 25th year this year, need to mark it with something a bit spesh so this might just do the job ... can anyone vouch for the enjoyment factor?

Grin
I thougherly reccomend it, great value at £50. First time I did it was 2 years ago. The pilot picked up a Vette at Tetre Rouge and stuck with it the length of the Mulsanne, bloody awsome. One complete lap and then cut accros from the first chicane to Porsche curves on the second. Go for it Rick

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 10:49:30 am »

The Lego's a great car H, was nearly tempted with the 3 litre estate myself. I'd take it over a bog standard 3 series every time. The A4 does not even show up on my radar. Can anyone name an Audi built in the last five years that has decent ride quality? I wouldn't mind the bone-jarring ride but they're not overly keen on going round corners either. And the four-pot engine is crap. And the aspirational bastards who drive them tail-gate you on the motorway. And and and...

My car...oops, is an Audi my fourth, the wife has one too.

Martini...

* Audi.jpg (5.96 KB, 150x143 - viewed 202 times.)

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2006, 09:54:50 pm »

Bob

Did you have to book in advance - or turn up and wait?

thanks

Stu
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 12:18:57 am »

I've been going to do this for a few years now but the beer fairy always stops me. This year its a definate maybe.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 09:57:50 am »

Bob

Did you have to book in advance - or turn up and wait?

thanks

Stu
Stu.  Both times I have been it was about 11ish on Sunday. No booking just turn up and it was about a 15 minute wait.
A tip ----  Don't mess about when you are told it is your turn, be the first out to the chopper then you can grab the seat in the front beside the pilot, the best place to get photos

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: