Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 01:46:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chad McQueen recovering well.  (Read 2683 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2006, 02:20:51 am »

McQueen Prepares for Next Step in Racing Career

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (March 2, 2006) -- Since returning to his native California earlier this month, Chad McQueen has entered the final stages of his recuperation from injuries sustained in a crash during testing at Daytona International Speedway. McQueen is successfully completing a regimen of physical therapy since being released from the hospital.

"I just want to let everybody know how grateful I am for all of our friends who have reached out over the last month," McQueen said. "I want to extend particular thanks to (Brumos Racing owner) Bob Snodgrass, who is something like a father figure to me, and Jim France for all of their help and making sure I had the best medical care available. I also appreciate all the support and efforts from (car owner) Jim Tafel and (team manager) Tony Dowe and everybody at the Tafel Racing team."

McQueen--who was injured in a crash on Saturday, January 7 while driving the No. 74 Tafel Racing Porsche GT3--expects a full recovery from his injuries. He has determined that his driving career is now over, but has expressed an interest in continuing his racing involvement as a team owner.

"Believe it or not, I was conscious for most of the accident," said McQueen. "I remember being cut from the car, but little else after that. It has been a long recovery, but I am going to get back to 100 percent health. I am doing more and more physical therapy each day, and I am going to put this behind me.

"My driving days are over. I have talked with Bob (Snodgrass) about owning a team, and I definitely want to stay involved in the sport. A team would be a great way to do it. I would like to attend Long Beach. That would be great and I would love to see everybody there. I will be there."
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:57:23 am »

"My driving days are over."
That's very sad to hear
Good luck on a best possible recovery though... Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 10:35:46 am »

Good news that he's expected to make a 100% recovery.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: