Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 10:59:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic & World Cup Final  (Read 2946 times)
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2006, 12:43:39 pm »

Just realised the World Cup Final is on the evening the Le Mans Classic finishes (Sun 9th July)! We’re returning via the night crossing from Caen. Anyone else in the same boat so to speak? Anyone know of any atmospheric bars in Caen from where we could watch the game? All this speaking from  a completely neutral point of view of course, not wishing to jinx the thing by making any kind of assumption on who the finalists will be!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:54:51 pm »

Oo-er I hadn't twigged this one. Can I suggest watching it in Deauville and coming home on the monday morning boat? If a certain team with Three Lions wins, then nobody will be at work that day anyway, so you won't be missed.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 01:09:55 pm »

Take it Deauville would simply be a nicer venue? I'm not familiar with the place. The game will be over by 10 French time and the ferry is at 11.30 so I could just make it but it would be tight! Staying over is not really an option because of work. I'm unfortunate enough to be living North of the border so a red and white victory would certainly not be met with merriment and a day off in good grace. Actually, returning to work would be half the fun for me  Grin 
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 01:12:53 pm »

I don't think there is a lot to offer by the ferry port. Maybe in Caen itself but I've never really ventured into the town.

Andy, the Irish bar in Deauville should be a good venue for the final. Should we look to organise hotels now?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 01:43:55 pm »

Yes, I believe you should. Of course it goes without saying England will be in the final. Unless there's another unfortunate "disaster" first.

I agree the Irish pub is an ideal venue for watching the final unless France are participating. Maybe we could have a few drinks, unlike last time which was a bit dry I seem to remember.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 08:25:37 pm »

On the way home from LM in 2004 Perdu and I watched England v France in a bar in Gace (European cup) we were 2-0 up at half time and gently taking the p*ss out of the French customers, till Rooney came off injured and we lost 3-2 in the last minutes.
I seem to remember the first half being more enjoyable than the second.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 09:00:46 pm »

On the way home from LM in 2004 Perdu and I watched England v France in a bar in Gace (European cup) we were 2-0 up at half time and gently taking the p*ss out of the French customers, till Rooney came off injured and we lost 3-2 in the last minutes.
I seem to remember the first half being more enjoyable than the second.

I remember that night very well, and always will.

Left LM and went to Laval to a good, if expensive, hotel had a couple of vodkas while getting ready and putting on my French rugby shirt then went to a great Seafood restaurant in the town. Had a good table facing a big screen tv, huge pot of moules, beautiful rare fillet steak three 1/2 litres  of house red and a good result got free drinks from the patron as they were so impressed that I was supporting France (sorry guys no English blood, honest, French and Canadian). Coffee and a couple of large glasses of Port. Staggered back to hotel and slept like a log, smashing.

Alles les bleus

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: