Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 07:47:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: French riots  (Read 6621 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 07:21:36 pm »

Its the same for Goodwood local nobs who moved it restricted the circuit to just the Revival meeting.
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 07:31:27 pm »

The Paris riots in a nutshell is about the arabs unemployment, everything else is a bit copy cat, even to local villages hundreds of miles away Sad

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 11:37:20 pm »

Its the same for Goodwood local nobs who moved it restricted the circuit to just the Revival meeting.

Living near Goodwood and following the build up to the revival  being held, the deal was the revival was to be held using less harsh noise restrictions. The number of quiet weekends during the summer would be increased.
Some members of the local Summersdale estate created 'The enviromental protection group'.
Their aim was to stop racing at Goodwood. This coming from an estate built during the seventies. One letter to the local paper even complained about the Grace Spitfire flying overhead Shocked
The fact Goodwood had planning to hold events up to a certain noise level when the estate was built seemed to have been forgotten.
The Goodwood estate started up the Goodwood supporters club which had more members on the said estate than the other lot.
I suppose they would have been much happier if Goodwood was closed and a new estate was built right on there doorstep, much quieter, not.
Motto here, small group try and bully there view with mainly lies. Majority piss on their fireworks with the truth.
Need more beer Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 01:04:13 am »

Near me there is a road (admottedly somewhat narrow) which has some new houses on it, and their shiny 4x4s are parked outside.

There is a council plan to build a medium size estate behimnd them which will increase the road use, and these "new" tenants are up in arms about it. How do they think the road was BEFORE they moved in?

And not only that...

Just around the corner is "Wokingham's Best Kept Secret" (as advertised on the M4). This is a new housing estate which is behind another newly occupied housing estate. The local council, despite giving permission for the estate to be built, will not allow the building company to put up even the smallest notices giving directions to the site, even on it's local roads. So the developer has had to *pay* quite serious money to some householders to have direction signs on their land. Guess what: one such house also has a sign in the window complaining about the new estate... talk about taking the pi$$...

Er...am I sounding a bit Victor Meldrew? Apols if I am... Smiley
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 02:22:48 pm »

Latest posts are nothing to do with rioting in Paris, or indeed elsewhere in France.
Smokie, please sort it out.
 Smiley
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 02:49:40 pm »

Now that's a lot of work Mr KPY!

So I simply renamed the first post in the thread to French Riots.  Smiley

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 04:07:44 pm »

Sorry it needed work, Smokie!
I've posted the comments on the Monza thread.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: