Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 10:57:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Pitch Allocation Map Link  (Read 9278 times)
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 01:09:38 pm »

I have a couple of questions if anybody can possibly help.

The colour coding on the map has the pitches marked in red as "demontees" can anybody tell me what this means, as my 5 pitches are backed by 5 red ones.

And is it fair to assume that the ones marked green are for the TVR club?

Finally for saffronrob, it states on the map that the pitches are 6M x 8M
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 02:04:03 pm »

You didn't look too hard  Grin

http://www.tvr-car-club.co.uk/images/events/lemans_2005/houx_camp_map.jpg Thanks to TVR club

In answer to Andy I am on 657, 658, 659, 660 and 661

Thanks Mr Invisible, I'm not far from you, on 697, see you for a beer unless of course your invisible  Roll Eyes
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 03:32:40 pm »

No, not too invisible  Wink

You are only about 20M from where we will be. We shall be arriving (hopefully) late Thursday afternoon.

Last year we had pitches 705 - 710 so we know this area well, it is very handy for the toilets in Houx Annexe as well, so you can take your pick of which direction to go when the need arrises  Roll Eyes
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 10:56:40 am »

Myself, Kitty and Colin are in 730 and 731.  As I said yesterday we have one tent, two cars and two spaces so may be able to accomodate some CAers for parking if your stuck.  We're arriving on the Wednesday afternoon so pop round if you want. Cool

If sponges didn't grow in the sea just think how deep it would be!!
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 11:15:41 am »

John Boy, I do hope I am not going to alarm you too much before you go, but if you have not camped in this area before may I strongly suggest you take the following.

1. Some form of Barrier Tape.
2. A hosepipe.

The reason I say this, is because there used to be some bushes behind your pitches, which coupled to the fact they are against the concrete wall and partially hidden by the entrance buildings, meant they were all too easy for people to use as toilets. With any luck, you will be there early enough to discourage this from happening, but last year the people in that area did not arrive until friday and it was a bit pongy.

There is also a water stand just about in the pitch opposite to you, so if you take a flat roll-up hose and adapter you will be able to give it a hose down if required (also helps to get the dust off the cars  Grin )

Just thought I should give you a heads up.
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 11:35:35 am »

Mr Invisible,  thanks for the heads up.  Hopefully getting there by Wednesday lunchtime will be early enough so that we can set up in such a way to stop this happening.  Unfortunately with MRI we get what we're given.  Just need to find a way of squeezing yet more gear into the MX5.

Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2005, 11:43:32 am »

Yep, I have the same issue with MRI, but at least you get the tickets you really want at the time of booking without having to wait and see if the ACO will give you what you asked for the previous year  Sad

Wednesday lunchtime should see the site fairly empty, so you should be OK to keep people off. In my experience, once there was a tent there, people would cross the road for the Houx Annexe toilets. But it will depend on the arrival of your neighbors, hence the suggestion of barrier tape.
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2005, 12:10:11 pm »

Organising tape and posts as we speak.  Feel free to pop round for (not so) cold one.  Less than three weeks to go.  This year will opnly be my second, but after last year I've no intention of missing another.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: