Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 12:19:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAR to be disqualified???  (Read 7047 times)
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 01:11:09 am »

toyota was banned from rallying in the late '90s for a simple technical infringement -it did them no harm, they came back with a cracker of a car the following season.

Toyota were banned for cheating, and there is no doubt they were cheating!  They deisgned a turbo which was designed to have different sized restrictor than allowed under the rules.  Not only that but the device was designed so when it was removed from the car springs moved the plate so that it looked legal!

The BAR case is on an interpretation of the rules and does not appear to be so clear cut.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 01:10:55 pm »

Its not uncommon for there to be some kind of "swirl pot" to collect fuel and ensure no air gets into the injection system, but 10kg must be over 2 gallons.  Trying to weigh dry is daft, because there will be losses of water, gear oil, hydraulic fluid etc, sweat and worse!

Its probably the latest gimmick to get them in the papers.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 12:48:38 pm »

Well, I'm not surprised they've been banned.

I am surprised however, that Ron Dennis and his boys have got away with cheating for so long. Surely somebody must have noticed that they seem to have removed the contents of Raikkonens head? I'm sure they must be using it to hide some fuel, or ballast, or something.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 01:19:06 am »

Well, I'm not surprised they've been banned.

I am surprised however, that Ron Dennis and his boys have got away with cheating for so long. Surely somebody must have noticed that they seem to have removed the contents of Raikkonens head? I'm sure they must be using it to hide some fuel, or ballast, or something.
Heh..... Cheesy
They certainly removed something I thought it was just emotion but recent sightings in "dens of iniquity" & angry outbursts seem to point against that Wink

My money is on him being one of the latest genetically modified humans, there's nothing upstairs but the feet are made of lead (lowers weight in the car you know!!)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: