Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 10:14:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help a Le Mans virgin?  (Read 10088 times)
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 01:39:36 pm »

Friday is good fun on the circuit but definitely watch your speed during the day. Two years ago we parked at the side of the circuit for a bite to eat and a beer and to watch the cars go by.

At the first car to come past at any speed, the police jumped over the armco about 100 yards away where they had been hiding with a radar gun, we were close and we hadn't seen them so the driver had no chance.

Later they also nicked a LandRover pickup with about 10 people standing in the back for lobbing water bombs. Don't know if that was for carrying too many people, throwing water bombs, or being crap shots, tossers missed us by a mile!

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 01:54:11 pm »

Possibly the best time to do the public part of the track at speed, in the dark and with a degree of safety is during the middle of Thursday night of pre-qual weekend.

Got 130 out of the old girl between the second chicane and Mulsanne last year at about 01:30.  Cheesy (Omega V6, which let me down in Frankfurt over the weekend but is well again now)
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 05:48:45 pm »

2 years ago the track was definetely open from tetre rouge all the way to the porsche curves because my mate rob got a bit carried away and tried to apex the corner at indianapolis, into oncoming traffic!

didnt notice too many gendarmes myself, but they're probably swarming all over the place
tomski1
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 08:26:54 pm »

Hi there, good to see at least there is one more Healey nut going across, there has been a serious lack of healey's in the past, can't help with tickets I am afraid, but as this is my 21st year and I havn't got mine yet, I wouldn't worry too much. camping permits can be had here or even at some of the travel companies up to quite close timing.  Sleeping in the car is fine, but I wouldn't want to sleep in my 3000 that's for sure.

Worst case would be to take a bed roll and get some kip by the side of the car on sat night, I wouldn't bank on getting much sleep though.

have a great time, believe me you will be hooked.

Steve
HealeyHundred
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2005, 09:24:18 am »

Thanks again to everyone for the help. I've now picked up a Beausejour camping ticket (£50 of eBay). I know it's only encouraging them - but at least I'm sorted. Some of the prices are just plain daft.

The main concern now is getting the Healey up and running - the engine is currently out awaiting a rebuild/upgrade! Also I'm not entirely sure how tents, sleeping bags etc will fit in - given that the boot will be full of spares. I gather there's a Carrefour nearby........

Cheers again.

HealylHundred
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2005, 10:04:14 am »

I've now picked up a Beausejour camping ticket (£50 of eBay). I know it's only encouraging them - but at least I'm sorted. Some of the prices are just plain daft.

Hmmm -  BSJ tickets are currently available at 45 euros from the ACO ........... Long live eBay !!
SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 04:43:16 pm »

FYI, the RAC will waive their older car loading for European Breakdown cover if you are in a recognised club, the AA don't.  It nornally cost me about £40 for the Sprite for 5 days or so.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 05:05:34 pm »

As well as saving money on camping and entry tickets, ACO membership gives you (somewhat limited) breakdown recovery.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: