Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 01:49:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just cannot believe it!!!  (Read 3399 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2005, 12:09:30 am »

Sorry to bring this up as I am a happy camper on HA, but what happens at Maison Blanche that makes it worth £190 with two days left on the e**y auction???

Do gentle ladies wander around attending to everyone's needs, medical, emotional and physical?

I know there is a risk I might miss Paddy's banner flying but is it really so much better?

I intend to visit DFH anyway just to see the setup, Paddy's stuff is so-o-oo enticing and I might be able to bum the odd Heineken....

£190, I just cannot believe......

Bill

Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 12:22:50 am »

I particularly like the ones who say "I'm just selling one ticket because one of our group has pulled out". Yeah but you were also selling one last week and the week before etc etc.

The one thing on Ebugger that really pissed me off was the Tsunami Comic Aid event which I actually wanted to go to. The tickets were £50 each with all proceeds going to the disaster and there were w*nkers selling them on ebay for £200 each. Anyone who can profit from the deaths of 120,000 people is sick

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 08:59:29 am »

I particularly like the ones who say "I'm just selling one ticket because one of our group has pulled out". Yeah but you were also selling one last week and the week before etc etc.

The one thing on Ebugger that really pissed me off was the Tsunami Comic Aid event which I actually wanted to go to. The tickets were £50 each with all proceeds going to the disaster and there were w*nkers selling them on ebay for £200 each. Anyone who can profit from the deaths of 120,000 people is sick

It was the same case with the charity sports matches. At one stage, tickets for the rugby match were selling for double face value, even though they were still available from Ticketmaster. A bit like Beausejour tickets this year!!

The same thing is happening with the charity wrist bands. Nike have said they are stopping making them as they can't meet the demand, whilst people who've bulk bought them are flogging the £1 bands for £5 upwards!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 06:45:45 pm »

Didn't a MB ticket go for over £300 a few years back?
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 07:35:30 pm »

Didn't a MB ticket go for over £300 a few years back?

That was when they found out who else camped there. Wink
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 08:30:30 pm »

I know there is a risk I might miss Paddy's banner flying but is it really so much better?

I intend to visit DFH anyway just to see the setup, Paddy's stuff is so-o-oo enticing and I might be able to bum the odd Heineken....

£190, I just cannot believe......

Bill

Cheesy
Ofcourse you're welcome to come and drink some of our Heineken, but the flag will be well strapped to the truck which will carry all our stuff Grin

I was too late with my tickets aswell, bought them at JustTickets in Dover for GBP 80,- each. Sounds like a fair price looking at ebummer Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 09:57:53 am »

this doesn't look too bad - yet... Smiley
http://search.ebay.co.uk/maison-blanche_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 10:06:33 am »

The same thing is happening with the charity wrist bands. Nike have said they are stopping making them as they can't meet the demand, whilst people who've bulk bought them are flogging the £1 bands for £5 upwards!

I totally agree. Last year when I went to the Tou d' France, they were genuinely selling Lance Armstrongs Livestrong bands for 1 euro. The fact that they are for a cancer charity and most people have been affected by it makes my piss boil when people are cashing in on it. You can buy them from the actual charity for a maximum $1 each.

Rant Over
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: