Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 01:57:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fancy being a racing driver ?  (Read 2057 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2005, 11:01:19 pm »

Then check out this competition. Worth an entry at least, you never know.
I entered it because i am in a lucky mood today because i got an e mail telling me i have won a Corgi Mini Rally model from another competition. (Then again two hours later I scrapped £210 worth of electrical connectors, so mybe my luck has run out !)

http://www.driversknow.co.uk/motorsport/raceAcademy/
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 11:13:19 pm »

Just some help. If you look up last years times to see how they compare to this years times, like i did by looking up the times from Donington this year and compared them to last year. Please remember that the vast time difference between this year and last year was down to the fact it probably rained during qualifying, something i only remembered to look up after i had already submitted a time. I can only hope it rains at Oulton Park in June !
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 10:01:49 pm »

last years comp was based on Le Mans

I think it was guess the total race distance as the decider, like you i looked up the previous years distance and made an educated guess which was miles out.

Rain, june, at Oulton Park probably, they'll may use the island circuit like last years race, its on the same weekend as le mans.

so 1.20's

fosters circuit 1 min

international 1.35 - 1.45    

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 11:58:11 pm »

Yes they are running the island circuit. Last years pole time by James Thompson was 1 :27 . 638. The times at Donington this year were approx 1 second faster than last years fastest race lap in the dry, so use the 1 second difference as a rough guide to pick your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: