Club Arnage
June 28, 2024, 09:18:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chevrolet bodies and Steely Dan tee-shirts  (Read 7945 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 11:33:31 am »

Killer deal on a GT Steve - we're still working on shipping a GT, a Hummer H2 and a Chevy SST pick-up.

Matt, for an appropriate fee, would you be able to squeeze in a small motorbike into your container? (a classic 750 Triumph Bonneville probably). Thinking of buying one Stateside and shipping it back. Only a thought.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 12:51:23 pm »

Killer deal on a GT Steve - we're still working on shipping a GT, a Hummer H2 and a Chevy SST pick-up.

Matt, for an appropriate fee, would you be able to squeeze in a small motorbike into your container? (a classic 750 Triumph Bonneville probably). Thinking of buying one Stateside and shipping it back. Only a thought.

Be brave Andy, try and get a Kwaker H2 Grin Grin
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 03:35:29 pm »

There’s a 455 manual Vette for sale just up the road from me (Steve, it’s at Edmonds Exhausts opposite the Pheasant pub towards Sainsbury’s from your gaf). I haven’t seen it close up but it looks the biz in yellow. Apparently the bloke wants £15k for it and is thinking of re exporting it to the US. Shame about our ballistic fuel prices - as was pointed out to me when I suggested to the wife that we give the MG away and buy it!
Alternativly I could just go a blow half my severence payment on it and the the other half on fuel to get to LM. Cry Cry

Check this car out! If it's a numbers matching car (highly unlikely, but you never know) it's valuable. If you can tell me what year it is, I can give you VIN prefixes for big-block equipped cars.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 03:54:43 pm »

I think that could definately be arranged Andy. The plan is to ship 3 Honda Runes, a Harley Heritage Soft Tail and 2 Jet-ski's, in addition to cars, so a little Bonnie wouldn't be a problem and would further defer the cost for all concerned. You'd need to get it to Orlando FL and collect it from Shipley, W. Yorks - and you'll need to do all that before the end of May. I'll help you if I can.

A good friend of mine has already landed a 2004 Hummer H2, which is loaded, in metallic red with less than 5k miles. All the duties, taxes and PVA is complete - just needs plating. It does kind of make a statement - so if you know anyone who might be interested PM me.
The car (?) is in covered, heated storage in Leeds and $35k puts it on your driveway. See how much Bauer Millett want for one of these monsters........
You see, selling a car is like making love to a beautiful woman........

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 05:15:03 pm »

I will see if I can take a look, and maybe take some pictures - I think its unlikly to be underpriced, this guy has been buying rare cars forever, he has a fantastic 911 1990 about 18k on the clock, bought it for a song and is looking for about £30k for it.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 07:47:39 pm »

There’s a 455 manual Vette for sale just up the road from me (Steve, it’s at Edmonds Exhausts opposite the Pheasant pub towards Sainsbury’s from your gaf). I haven’t seen it close up but it looks the biz in yellow. Apparently the bloke wants £15k for it and is thinking of re exporting it to the US. Shame about our ballistic fuel prices - as was pointed out to me when I suggested to the wife that we give the MG away and buy it!
Alternativly I could just go a blow half my severence payment on it and the the other half on fuel to get to LM. Cry Cry

Check this car out! If it's a numbers matching car (highly unlikely, but you never know) it's valuable. If you can tell me what year it is, I can give you VIN prefixes for big-block equipped cars.
Ok its a 1970 454 4 speed Munci with Hurst shifter, the numbers do match (apparently but not verified by me)  was originally supplied in Lagoon Grey (which was a crap color) and has been pained Blue Red Blue now yellow, the guy who has it can trace it history back to 1974 when it was imported to the UK, it has a 3.7 diff which apparently makes it top out at 120 (400 bhp 500 ft lbs = a nano second!). From a quick look around without the bonnet up it seemed to be in good nick for the year but not immaculate.
He has somebody coming out to see it on Friday and to make an offer + a car, probably bullshit but you dont know. He would prefer a straight sale @ £15k wants a 911RS so trying to unload some cars.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2005, 10:03:20 pm »

If the numbers match - and this was an original, big-block C3 the VIN should read 19467_S40_ _ _ _ .  The first blank is the paint code, the last 4 are the build #'s. If it does,  it is a factory Hi-Comp 454ci.
Shame about the repaint, which de-values it considerably, even if it was an unpopular original colour. Top colours for 69/70 model year were red, Sebring Silver and (Mulsanne) Blue.
Factory manual is listed with a Saginaw gearbox - not the Muncie rock-crusher, which does make me wonder if this is the real deal - and not a transplant from a Trans-Am or big-block Chevelle.
If it's legit - they sell for around $50K here - and are considered the next great 'vette investment!

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 11:04:49 am »

I wont be able to get close to it for a couple of days, off to jolly old sausage land. He did say that he had the build sheets and it does say it’s a 454 on the centre console plate. If you are interested in it, drop me a line and I will take some pics and get the details. But there is apprently a bloke seeing it on Friday but on a PX basis.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 12:06:22 pm »

I think that could definately be arranged Andy. The plan is to ship 3 Honda Runes, a Harley Heritage Soft Tail and 2 Jet-ski's, in addition to cars, so a little Bonnie wouldn't be a problem and would further defer the cost for all concerned. You'd need to get it to Orlando FL and collect it from Shipley, W. Yorks - and you'll need to do all that before the end of May. I'll help you if I can.

Matt, there's a stonker for sale in West Palm Beach which I have my beady eyes on.

From memory, WPBeach is practically just up the road from you. Getting it from Shipley is probably the most awkward bit! Anyway, thanks mate, much appreciate the offer.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 12:06:51 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 08:29:48 pm »

Cherry unit Bonnie, Andy. Girling front disc was a bit of a heart-stopper, but she sure looks purty.
West Palm is local (we'll have no trouble here), so I could even fetch it for you, if you snag it.
Let me know how things progress

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2005, 01:37:35 am »

Hi Andy,
             Getting it from Shipley Huh Why woiuld this be a problem Huh Pour Petrol in the top thingy and fire her up then ride it home Grin No Problem
Canada Phil
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: