Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 10:29:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota Previa  (Read 4317 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2005, 08:58:12 pm »

After weighing up the options for taking my R32 we've decided that the need to drive fast is outweighed by the need to stay out of jail and the more important need to have room for beer cooling equipment.

Therefore we are considering hiring a Toyota Previa. Does anybody have any experience with these? The one they have is a 2004 and I need to know if the rear seats are removable because with them in place there is bugger all luggage space but if the seats could come out we could fit plenty in.

Ta
Rob

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 09:00:31 pm »

Took a 96 Prvia to Le Mans and it was a great load-lugger. Rear seats were removable in that model (as were the middle row too.)

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 09:07:35 pm »

Cheers Matt.

The new model (05) has removable seats so I guess they wouldn't fix them between 96 and now. I had a brief look at one earlier and it's certainly spacious. There's only three of us so I suppose even if the seats don't come out we could still stuff plenty in.

utzelu
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 04:50:28 pm »

speaking about car rental, i'm interesting on renting one, for 2-3 days, starting from Paris. do you think is a good idea to rent it on the net, or directly from Paris?
i'm thinking to get a sporty compact, something like an Alfa Romeo 147, and most of online rental websites let you choose only between different car categories, and not specific models. i don't want to end up with a crappy car, as i'm planning to drive throughout France after the LM race.
do you know any good car-rental offices in Paris, which might satisfy my need?
regards,
dan
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 06:42:33 pm »

In a moment of madness years ago we flew Manch to Paris and picked up people carriers at the airport.

We have not done it since.

Nuff said !!

Jem
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 11:19:24 pm »

We were on a campsite where one lot had gone from Surrey to Gatwick, flown to Paris, then driven their hire car down because they thought it to much hassle to catch the ferry!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 03:24:46 am »

Hi Dan,
           I used this company last year with good result.
http://www.rentacar-europe.com/
Very helpful and easy to compare different cars/prices.
You can see pictures of the different models but none will be garunteed as you have found just a catogary.
Canada Phil
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 02:03:31 pm »

Right, I'm definitely not taking the R32 after yesterdays brush with the law. Apparently they now believe it's amusing to use unmarked Skodas on the M3. Well I can confirm that it isn't. I saw it following me and I thought - cop car? nah surely even they wouldn't use skodas. Bastards.

Luckily, for some reason, I had cruise control set just below a ton so as to avoid a ban if caught, got me at 96.

Just to top the whole event off, when I got in his car he asked where I was heading. Twickenham to watch the Bath Leeds match. Who are you supporting he asked, Bath I said. I'm from Leeds said PC Copper. Great. And then we bloody went and lost that as well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: