Club Arnage
June 30, 2024, 08:59:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Audi  (Read 3941 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2004, 04:25:22 pm »

http://news.kak.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=news&file=article&sid=1707&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Audi have annouced that the 2005 season will be the last for the R8, before being replaced by an all new car for 2006.

Next years teams will be Champion in the ALMS & LM, in the LMES & LM  it will be Audi France  (Oreca).

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 04:44:27 pm »

This link dosn't work on my screen, any news of how many cars in each team ?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 04:50:34 pm »

Champion are likey to run 2 in the ALMs, Audi France just the one in the LMES, maybe one of the Audi UK cars that was leased to Velquox last season (Sam Li owned 1 and borrowed the other)
It does not say if there will be 2 Audi France cars at LM.

It seems the Goh team have gone, no mention is made of them running a car next year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Fax
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 07:37:25 pm »

Have to admit that I'm wishing them nothing but the worst of luck with the new car.  No I'm not mean spirited and I have nothing but respect for the tremendous car they created, and the job they have done developing it, but I can't help but think that it hasn't been good for the sport.
Much like what happened with Porsche and the Can-Am series, domination by one make threatens to kill the series it competes in.  Fortunately for the ALMS or LMES there are multiple classes to maintain fan interest but that said its become pretty damn boring watching those R8's droning around trouncing the opposition.  We need variety among the winners or it threatens to become as boring as F1 (God Forbid!)
John
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 11:01:37 pm »

are Porsche doing anything?  Surely they wont let Audi run away with the limelight?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 11:08:31 pm »

I bet on Buggatti being the next Audi brand. Token effort 2005, all out effort 2006.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 11:18:49 pm »

I'd be inclined to say "Bring back the silent running Bentleys and lets see how they fare after a couple of years away"

I agree that the Audi domination thing is too much, but I still pine for the perfect 7-8 every lap.....

I wonder if the Goh team could swing a deal with VAG for those?

Smiley

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 12:02:16 am »

Is there any word on what will power the new Audi as there had been a nasty rumour circulating that they might field.......... a Diesel  Shocked

Steve East Anglian cobras

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 05:14:26 am »

Hi Steve I too had heard the 2006 is to be DIESEL power. would make sense from a development point of view with so many european cars running on diesel.
Canada Phil  
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 08:59:51 am »

Hi Steve I too had heard the 2006 is to be DIESEL power.

That would be perfect from the competion point of view. Taurus had lots of trouble running their diseasel and finally abandoned the idea (?). One could suspect that Audi has a long way to go and thus give an advantage to those teams with less deep pockets.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 03:03:05 pm »

It's 99% sure the new car will be petrol powered, and it will be an Audi not a Bugutti.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: