Club Arnage
June 24, 2024, 02:24:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALMS Grand Prix of Toronto  (Read 1748 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2004, 09:04:22 pm »

Just watched the Canadian ALMS race - great win in P1 for Dyson Lola of Weaver and Leitzinger, edging out the Champion R8 (makes a nice change)
Lola Judd took P2 and those awful Vettes cleaned up in GTS, as usual.
Alex Job nicked GT from White lightning with 4 laps remaining.
Roll on the Petit!
As a footnote ALMS is considering allowing "high performance 4-door sedans" to race in GT - so we could see Caddy CTS and Lexus and Infiniti's in ALMS soon. Rumour mill also suggests works Mazda in P2/LMP2 paving the way for a rotary entry in LMP1 within 2 years. Good news.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 04:51:45 pm »

Hi Matt,
Yeah, I caught it too.  Terrific race at a real man's circut.  Shame the the Canadian GP isn't held there anymore, the sight of the F1 and Can-Am cars rocketing around there used to be really something.  Guess its just too dangerous these days, God knows Jenson might mess up his latest hair style.  I got a wild hair Saturday morning and drove up to Mid-Ohio for the Grand-Am race.  Turned out to be a good show, Scott Pruett and Max Papis edging out Andy Wallace and Milka Duno for the win.  Several of the ALMS guys were doing double duty this weekend with Terry Borcheller, Butch Leitzinger and Andy Wallace all coptering back and forth between Mid-Ohio and Mosport.  Roll on Petit!
John
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 11:28:41 pm »

I watched it on Motors TV. ( Really good Motor Racing channel, which seems to be involved with SPEED  channel )

I was chuffed to bits that the old MG ex 257 won. Not suprised. It was fast 3 years ago.
The Dyson team seem to be doing well. All 3 top cars weer running within 0.3 secs per lap, which is consistantly fast.

As long as the ALMS keeps going ( seems popular in the US ? ) i must try and catch a race live.

Really good for me to be able to watch it live, without SKY Sports ruining it with a 30 second article on the whole race.

Whop cares if the Vettes are going well, they havent been 100% un-beatable. It wasnt long ago that i heard people saying the 550 Ferrari was un-beatable.

So long may it continue. That 7 litre monster sounds fantastic, even on TV .

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: