Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 12:09:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch newbies heading for Beausejour  (Read 3627 times)
Mike Philippens
CA Veteran

Racing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2004, 01:21:52 am »

Hi everybody! Another 10 days and I'll be heading for Le Mans with 3 friends. It's our first time after years of talking about it. We decided to put our money where our mouth is and just go for it. I expect a lot, especially after reading through this forum. A lot of valueable tips and pointers for heaps of fun.

Being Dutch, we'll be rooting for 'our' guys from the Racing for Holland team. Jan Lammers has put together a good team and hopefully they'll manage to finish a bit better than the 6th plase of last year. But aside from 'our' team's performance, we'll hope for an exciting race/event and may the best team win ofcourse.

Regards,
Mike Philippens
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 03:19:19 am »

Welcome aboard Mike - the fast approaching weekends' events will change your life forever.  You're going to love every second of it (sober, or crawling around on your hands and knees with your lunch on your shirt).

Don't be discouraged by the crazy amount of people track-side near the start of the race - it will quieten down a bit and if you're willing to pull a late night/all night, you can see as much of the action as you could possibly want.  If you are very keen to see the start and you don't have grandstand tickets, you need to be trackside several hours before the start (i.e. for a good pitch head over there before 2 p.m. or you'll be looking at the backs of peoples' heads - I'm not joking!).

Keep you neck well oiled the whole weekend and you can't go wrong.

Hope you have a blast!

Dave
Mike Philippens
CA Veteran

Racing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 07:25:13 am »

Thanks!
We have 2 grandstand ticktes between the 4 of us...  Sad The free grandstand tickets for the ACO member-grandstand fell through) Half of the group is going to have to dig in at trackside. I plan to go early to the circuit, because I know how it can be like. A couple of years ago, I visited the Italian GP and if you arrive late, indeed you'll be looking at the back of people's heads...

Regards,
Mike Philippens
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: