Club Arnage
July 01, 2024, 12:18:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duncan Hamilton & Co  (Read 11955 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 04:45:42 pm »

The couple taking tea in the lawn chairs and the chap, who looks like he's out for a Saturday evening stroll at trackside, are almost as funny as the telephone poles.
That era does seem a lot more genteel and romantic, doesn't it.

Plus the opposite lock, tail sliding Jag - brilliant  Kiss

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2004, 02:30:07 pm »

I recall seeing an AMR1 from 89 sitting in the showroom around about 1991. It was either car 18 or 19, can't remeber which. I think it was for sale too, but unfortunately, I did not have enough spare cash on me at the time to invest in it.  Sad

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2004, 03:44:22 pm »

Wotcher Andy,
Here's a little reminder.
I remember a C-type for 3 and six in a garage in Putney, while a pet shop in Barnes once had a DB4 Zagato for 19 and eleven with a complimentary hamster and some bird seed. Those were the days alright, when a man could wear suspenders and roger the paperboy without causing a furore.

Forgive me mate, I know nothing about cricket, my fault I know. But is there a chance there'll be no cricket to see in the windies? -everytime I put the telly on there seems to be a local lad heading with his head down to the pavillion, and whitey jumping around punching the air. I know these things tend to drag on a bit, but this time around the adverts seem to last longer.
H

[attachment deleted by admin]

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2004, 04:26:16 pm »

Yes H, the cricket does seem to be going our way for once. 2- nil up after two games in a five match series, it looks as if it's becoming boring. However, one mustn't look at things like this. Me and me pals are going for the same reason as one goes to Le Mans. It is not the race that is important, but the being there.

Also, I think they should introduce a system at Le Mans similar to the one that the good people in the marketing dept of  Red Stripe lager have introduced in the Caribbean. At each day of the match, it is possible to purchase a teeshirt. No ordinarary tee this, for it entitles the wearer to drink Red Stripe FREE all day. Cost? £15!!! Last time I was there, they ran out of Stripe on the first day, tricked by the somewhat thin numbers of England fans. They did not bank on the fact that we were human beer processing machines and the barman ended up serving us free pints of whiskey! I have to say it was somewhat acidic on the throat after a day on Stripe and a Jerk Chicken lunch. How we drove home I will never know.

rory
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 10:53:38 am »

sorry to detract from the very uncommon topic of successful english cricket.....
but if you ever see the number 18 c type check out the gnarly looking old testicle stuffed down the side of the cockpit.  his son adrian, who now owns the car, swears it is the remains of an orange which duncan had in the car during the race in '53.  apparently he was able to lock the steering wheel with his knees while on the mulsanne and peel an orange - until he took a sparrow in the face which broke his nose!!!
another good bit of triv - his daughter caroline was the model in that old athena poster we all remember so well.  the one with tennis player and the peachy cheeks.....
she denies it but i have it on good authority.  i was best man at her wedding.
rory
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 11:45:25 am »

Yes H, the cricket does seem to be going our way for once. 2- nil up after two games in a five match series, it looks as if it's becoming boring. However, one mustn't look at things like this. Me and me pals are going for the same reason as one goes to Le Mans. It is not the race that is important, but the being there.

Also, I think they should introduce a system at Le Mans similar to the one that the good people in the marketing dept of  Red Stripe lager have introduced in the Caribbean. At each day of the match, it is possible to purchase a teeshirt. No ordinarary tee this, for it entitles the wearer to drink Red Stripe FREE all day. Cost? £15!!! Last time I was there, they ran out of Stripe on the first day, tricked by the somewhat thin numbers of England fans. They did not bank on the fact that we were human beer processing machines and the barman ended up serving us free pints of whiskey! I have to say it was somewhat acidic on the throat after a day on Stripe and a Jerk Chicken lunch. How we drove home I will never know.

They were saying on the telly yesterday that we have retained the Wisden Trophey as we were two up in a four match series. Are you usre you've got tickets to the fifth test??  Didn't buy them off eBay did you??  Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2004, 11:51:33 am »

Just checked on www.cricinfo.com and it is only four tests. 3rd is in Barbados 1-5 april and the 4th is Antigua 10-14 April.  You're going to Antigua aren't you?? Should be a great finale to the series!!
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2004, 11:58:41 am »

That made me laugh Andy, £15 was hopelessly optimistic for the poor man, and beers not cheap there either, I'll bet his face dropped everytime you headed back for another round. Fair play to him that he kept serving. It's a good idea though, and maybe should be extended to a fish and chip supper from Felix's van.
In my league table of "worst hangovers I've ever had", a day on Red Stripe followed by some bush rum, is right on top. I thought I had Denghi Fever, and admit that I still cannot go anywhere near the stuff, even just the sight of a bottle makes me go all queasy.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2004, 02:13:09 pm »

Derrr! You're right! You know, I was sitting in the traffic yesterday half trying to work out just how they were going to fit in back to back tests in Barbados before Antigua on the 10th. No matter, I arrive on the 9th. Thanks gents!

opposite locker
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2004, 02:18:22 pm »

Red Stripe and Rum? I'm not the only one that has that reaction to it then. I'd drunk twelve cans and half a bottle of St. James Rum between 8pm and when it all went blurry (must have been about 2, I guess) and I had my second worst hangover ever.
My worst involved St. James rum too.
I wonder why (50%!!!)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2004, 04:10:03 pm »

Not bad for a 16 year old OL...

How're the GCSEs going?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: