Club Arnage
June 23, 2024, 03:31:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wich viewpoints do you like?  (Read 3876 times)
donati
CA Veteran

Nordschleife addict!

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2004, 01:49:48 pm »

I would like to hear which places you guys prefer for watching the race..

When i think about it, i can see that somehow we allways end up using pretty much the same "routine"..
We normally go to the area after the Dunlop bridge, for the early hours of the race, later we spend some time in the village, and around 9ish we go to our tent for some bbq. When night comes, we take the car and drive to Arnage-Indianapolis and spend a couple of hours there, then we drive to Mulsanne, and try to find a place we can watch the cars at full speed, sometimes we find a good spot, sometimes we dont (i cant find my way around on the roads there at night Smiley). then about 3-4ish we drive back to the tent, and get some sleep.
On Sunday we most times start with going to the area where the pit entrance is, then later go to the village, and for the end of the race we are near the start-finish line.

I would like to hear what you guys are doing, and maybe get some new ideas for things to experience.

Are there any viewpoints between Mulsanne corner and indianapolis-Arnage?

--
Donati
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 02:09:45 pm »

This sounds very much like the routine we use - have you been following us ?  Sad

Also, visit the Porsche Curves at some point and walk up to Tetre Rouge and cross under the circuit to the inside and walk back on the inside towards the Dunlop Bridge.

Steve East Anglian cobras

engineerjim
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 02:10:02 pm »

TR and the Esses also Porche curves.

Early hours in the tribunes if wet.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 02:22:31 pm »

In '98 during qualifying we got to the opposite site of the track to the viewing area on the entrance to the Porsche Curves.  Was stunning, and there was only 5 of us there!  If you look up the track there is a house and driveway, we were stood there!  Grin  The view from the Stella Bar in the early 90s was tip top too!!

Nowadays, I like Mulsanne corner, still trying to get my act together to watch the sunrise on the Sunday AM there.  Like Arnage, but always so damn crowded.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 02:38:50 pm »

Good viewpoints have diminished with the advent of fencing, but favourites away from the main area remain Arnage and the cafe garden on the Mulsanne.   In the main area,  the whole stretch from outisde the Esses to the inside of Tetre Rouge - the run between the two is brilliant at night with the noise and lights  Grin Grin- and the run up to the Dunlop bridge.   Also, don't forget the banking on the outside between Maison Blanche the Ford chicane.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 02:50:24 pm »

Arnage Corner and the run down by indionapolis is great but only do when dark! My other favorite part is exit from the New Esses into Tertre Rouge, There is a very steep inbankment on the inside of the track go up there and the cars get very close. You get a good view back into the Esses and there is only one layer of fencing at that point. Very Noisy though. The start and finish are still best viewed at the start finish straight. If there will be a group of you then be there by the latest of 1330 as it gets busy. Big screens give you the rest of the action.
Saturday night at the shampoo bar normally by the exit tunnel from the main entrance usually provides some good memories. Grin
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 06:22:48 pm »

Favourite viewing points?

Anywhere "trackside" of the fencing!!!  Wink Sorry couldn't resist that!!

Grin
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 06:44:13 pm »

This sounds very much like the routine we use - have you been following us ?  Sad

Also, visit the Porsche Curves at some point and walk up to Tetre Rouge and cross under the circuit to the inside and walk back on the inside towards the Dunlop Bridge.

I must be following you too, although we usually walk from the start finish line to Tetre rouge and back for food, then Ini , Arnage and Mulsanne at Sun set, followed by early sunday at Porsche before the finsh at the finish line near to the gate ( should we get another British Winner.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 09:57:54 pm »

I usually do the 24, riding around different parts of circuit, night has to be mulsanne corner to indi straight you can hear the cars at fifth gear going into top and the wonderful drone all the way to indi.
at dawn I want to be on the hill at the esses to watch the sun rise above the forest.
always have the 9pm apptmt at the shampoo bar, what a good crack, then on to the grand marnier stand Canada Phil introduced me to a couple of years ago.

shame about the fencing and the big floodlights at all the view areas  

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: