Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 12:53:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How is it determined who gets in the race?  (Read 4934 times)
donati
CA Veteran

Nordschleife addict!

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2004, 10:02:50 pm »

Hi all.

This will be my first post here  

Can someone tell me how exactly how the organizer picks wich teams get to participate in the 24h race? I've heard that there are many more teams signing up, than there are places for in the event. I know that there are some sort of pre-qualifying session a few months before the race, i also heard rumors that the organizers sometimes exclude teams that they for some reason dont think have the potential to complete the race (financially weak teams?). But im unsure how exactly the rules are on the subject.
And a secondary question; the teams that end up not being allowed to join the race, will they get their entry-fee refunded (in part or total).
I've read about the 110% & 125% rules on the official site, but could'nt find anything else about the subject.
I'm in particular interested in the LMP 2 class, but suspect the rules are the same for all classes?.
How is it decided how many cars can participate in each class?

Mvh. Finn Donati

--
Donati
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 02:02:07 am »

Dam good question , I would hope KPY was going to log in soon , he seems to know these things.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 04:54:55 am »

Hi Donati, Participation is by Invitation only! Certain things assure an invitation and the ACO selection commitee is made up of experienced people who try to make an interesting field. There is some formula as to how many entries go to each class. The winners of each class get an invitation the following year as do the champions from ALMS ( American LeMans Series)
Winning Sebring gets their attention too. They also have a small reserve to fill in for any teams that drop out after Pre- Qualifying. For specifics you need to check the rules which are posted on ACO site.
Canada Phil
donati
CA Veteran

Nordschleife addict!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 08:48:04 am »

Hi Donati, Participation is by Invitation only! Certain things assure an invitation and the ACO selection commitee is made up of experienced people who try to make an interesting field. There is some formula as to how many entries go to each class. The winners of each class get an invitation the following year as do the champions from ALMS ( American LeMans Series)
Winning Sebring gets their attention too. They also have a small reserve to fill in for any teams that drop out after Pre- Qualifying. For specifics you need to check the rules which are posted on ACO site.
Canada Phil

Hi Canada Phil
I was trying to check the rules on the website, but could'nt find the section that describes this subject, any idea where exactly it is described?
Actually i dont think it is "invitation only", but could be wrong Smiley
Some factors speak against that theory, such as the need for a PQ session, the entry-form on the website, etc.

--
Donati
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 10:56:28 am »

Donati,
Here's a link to the pdf files on the official site containing the various rules and regulations.

http://www.lemans.org/sport/pages/cahierdescharges_auto_2004_gb.shtml

Steve East Anglian cobras

donati
CA Veteran

Nordschleife addict!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 02:47:14 pm »

Donati,
Here's a link to the pdf files on the official site containing the various rules and regulations.

http://www.lemans.org/sport/pages/cahierdescharges_auto_2004_gb.shtml

Thank you.
These are the pdf files i have been reading, but i cant find the info i seek, (is not mentioned explicitly there?)

There is mention of a selection commitee, wich suggests that participants are invited to sign up, or will be selected from the signed-up teams, at the SC's mercy..
Nothing specific on the subject, i can find.
(maybe others have better luck?)

--
Donati
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 05:39:47 am »

Hi donati, I believe the references to Selection commitee and pre-selected as well as the fact that the fees are broken into a filing fee and an entry fee which is only due after selection supports the position that it is by invitation. PQ is also no longer the official term for the earlier test day. We only humour Powermite by continuing to use the term here on CA.
Canada Phil
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 09:38:36 pm »

it'll always be PQ to me.
Somehow the phrase,"i'm off to that meaningless blat around the track for a couple of hours"doesnt have the same ring to it.

PM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: