Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:23:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New circuit for the taffs  (Read 3112 times)
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:02:50 pm »

315 million squid to build a circuit in Ebbw Vale! All racing to be catered for exept F1. Done a deal with DORNA for moto gp. We will have to see if it goes ahead nice to see things in the pipe line for motor sport.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:29:51 pm »

315 million squid to build a circuit in Ebbw Vale! All racing to be catered for exept F1. Done a deal with DORNA for moto gp. We will have to see if it goes ahead nice to see things in the pipe line for motor sport.
Good news for them if it happens, unfortunately some dodgy channel has got hold of the rights for MotoGP so very little is shown on normal TV (and Sky), Eurosport was great as it showed all three groups ... Hey Ho that is progress I suppose... Bxxllocks really (sorry)

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:16:33 am »

Yup, some bloke with a couple of quid to his name, and I mean literally a couple of quid, has convinced Dorna that he can raise the money, to firstly pay their fees, and secondly build a circuit (on land he doesn't even own)!

In the mean time he's convinced Donington Park to host his MotoGP for him. I wonder who is going to pay for the pre-requisite upgrades?  Silverstone spent millions on circuit changes at the request of the Bike fraternity.

Haven't we been here before with Donington?

I guess time will tell...

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:26:30 pm »

blokes on the tdr forum go to Llandow for weekend meets, is that on Angelsea? And are there other circuits, old or new in Wales?
Pay de Gaul as the frogs say.

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 02:11:12 pm »

Was on Radio the other day, due to host race 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-28778032

If you're going through hell, keep going.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:41:53 pm »

Has been on the local TV news a few times here over the last year or so. All sounds a bit too pie in the sky for me and it's already mired in controversy about the financing. Will be great if it does happen, not only for the motorsport fraternity but also for the promised jobs with the associated technology park, hotels etc., if they can make it work, but I can't see how it will pay it's way. There's already plenty of other industrial developments in the area that were financed by European funding that lie empty. Ebbw Vale is not exactly conveniently located for business connections either.

As for Llandow Lofty, it is not in Angelsey but about 15 miles west of Cardiff in the Vale of Glamorgan. A very short circuit often used for sprints and the odd track day. Angelsey has it's own circuit - was used quite a bit by Channel 5 (5th Gear)  for Tiff, VBH & co. to thrash around when reviewing cars. There's also Pembrey near Llanelli - the so called 'home of Welsh motorsport'.

Pete B.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:34:45 pm »

Cheers Pretzel i allways thought Llandow was on the island. I,ve heard of Pembury. It kind of clicked with me as i worked in 1992 at Ebbw Vale on the garden festival project and a few years ago i meet a Welsh geezer in Andorra and he said the site had been developed with housing schools and stuff. All it needs is a race track to make the place nearly perfect. Oh and move it 600 miles South for less rain. Great beer is what i remember from the digs we were in.

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: