Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 12:20:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2014  (Read 14505 times)
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 02:25:17 pm »

After watching events unfurl and now reading comments above I've removed Sebring from my bucket list.   Sad

Crouch..........bind..........set
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 02:28:33 pm »

Whatever happened to "local cautions" the way it used to be?  I was not at the race for the first time in over a decade but was watching on the 'puter.  When the car ran off the hairpin turn and died on the old hairpin part of the track it was 200 yards from the current track.  Pull him behind the wall while waving a local yellow and let the racing continue.  Cannot believe how long it took to get back to racing.

It takes forever to get around the track under caution and every time the SC came through Sunset I expected the lights to be off...groan...they weren't.  NASCAR waves yellows to bunch up the field and "make it more exciting" for the fan.  It does the exact opposite...we will need to vote with our feet.  Check out the crowd at Bristol last weekend...

Too Dumb For Opera, too smart for NASCAR
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 06:07:08 pm »

Agreed Gatordad, the crowd at Bristol was laughable.  One of my colleagues was there, and said it was even worse looking in person.  Yes, the weather was foul, but that's never stopped racing fans from turning out there before.  Sadly they're going to screw up sportscar racing over here the way they wrecked the AMA Superbike series, and now their own beloved Sprint Cup series.  This latest generation of France family moron's wants to turn racing into a made for TV, arena style event, totally the opposite of what draw's fans to the sport in the first place.  They're all a bunch of stick & ball fans, to them racing is just the family business, and they feel it's essential to choreograph every race into a "game seven" finish, and its just comes off as phoney, and staged.  The boobs are losing fans hand over fist, but don't have enough sense to see what the problem is.  Like the idiot grandson at 16th & Georgetown in Indy, they're all a bunch of kids of privilege, who were born on third, but think they hit a triple, and assume, because they are descended from some of the sports iconic founding fathers, that they are touched by the same genius.
Fax
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 07:47:24 pm »

...and then the ultimate irony that after hours red-flagged at Bristol the rain stops the race with two laps to go and they declare the winner with nobody watching.

My biggest fear is that these idiots will broadcast Le Mans in the same way they did Sebring.  Come on and show some real racing why doncha?

Too Dumb For Opera, too smart for NASCAR
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: