Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 09:25:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr Cruise, please don't screw it up.............................................  (Read 13957 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 01:13:23 am »

Perhaps they caught the attention of some Day Dreamer.
Beware the dreamer of the day for they dream with their eyes wide open....and turn their dreams into reality.
Phil

Well said my friend,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 12:49:12 pm »

......Beware the dreamer of the day for they dream with their eyes wide open....and turn their dreams into reality.
Phil
This is the advantage the Yanks have.  They actually believe the bullshit and go ahead and do it, when the rest of us are still laughing at the idea.

Doesn't seen to have worked recently for LSR

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 01:58:04 pm »

Never mind Nordic perhaps she is more cut out to be a veterinarian  and leave the rockets and engineering to others.
I bet at least one small flame has been lit in the mind of a student at to days gathering. Perhaps they caught the attention of some Day Dreamer.

Phil

I think your right, my dreams of the first twin women to win Le mans are dead in the water.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2013, 02:02:05 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2526231/Tom-Cruise-Brad-Pitt-set-reunite-motor-racing-movie-Go-Like-Hell.html

Brad Pitt is set to co star with Mr Cruise.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2013, 09:36:41 pm »

This has all the potential to be either quite good or really shite - cue back to title of thread as, IMHO, Mr C is more likely to screw it up and make it rubbish than Mr P....

MG Mark 

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2013, 11:02:12 pm »

I can see it being based on a true story as written by tom cruise, with nothing comparable to the true story apart from the names.
I have never been a great fan of his, but really disliked him when he bought the story of Billy Fiske.
Billy was a young American who won winter Olympic gold and travelled the world before WW2. In his travels he encountered the nazis and didn't like what he saw. At the outbreak he travelled to Canada and onto the UK.
Billy joined the RAF and flew with the RAF. He flew in the Battle of Britain and on the 16th August during a dogfight his Hurricane was hit setting it alight. He managed to land back at Tangmere which was being heavily attacked by the Luftwaffe. Sadly due to burns received Billy Fiske died.
He is buried in Boxgrove cemetery, I first visited many years ago to thank him for coming over to help. An American giving up a wealthy lifestyle because of what he had seen to fight for what he felt was right.
When tom bought the rights the story of course changed, the RAF would be on their last legs, being decimated by the Luftwaffe. Churchill put's out a call to America and Billy Fiske would be part of a squadron that comes to the rescue.
When the story leaked out thankfully the American Air force Veterans were horrified and the film was  dropped. Ever since I have thought tom cruise a complete arse.
Billy flew Hurricanes and not Spitfires as the film would have had. Billy was also not credited with shooting down any aircraft. I imagine tom would have had them dropping like flies.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Billy did something and I am glad a little piece of England will be forever America.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2013, 01:31:46 am »

This reeks of Interview with a Vampire meets Carroll Shelby.  I really hope these two d-bag fading celebrities do the great Mr Shelby honor by dropping this project, and leaving his legacy intact.
(The Cobra guys might like this photo, from the Klemantaski Collection's Christmas card this year, Steve guess where & when.  Of course its also on klemcoll.com)

Fax

* 64D3C-8.jpg (123.43 KB, 432x291 - viewed 283 times.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:44:37 am by Boorish Grobian » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: